“Apps and cocktails”

The Isles Restaurant & Tiki Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Isles, the area's only oceanfront restaurant and Tiki bar, proudly features fine cuisine using only the freshest regional ingredients. From private romantic dinners and family gatherings to banquets, wedding receptions, and corporate events, our serene atmosphere comfortably provides the perfect ambiance for all of your dining needs.
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Eight of us stopped in off the beach for drinks and apps. Our bartender Tina was great! We can be a tough group. We had great service. The apps that we had were deliousious. Especially the crab dip. Sit outside at the bar for a great view and friendly service with a smile.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

To clarify, it’s not large-metropolitan-city upscale, but very nice for the area.

If you go to Ocean Isle Beach or the surround area, make sure you check out The Isles for lunch/dinner. Reservations highly recommended. Located at the far end of the island, it’s perfectly positioned to have many great views of the ocean whether you sit inside or outside. This is the closest thing to an upscale place you’ll find at Ocean Isle. You wouldn’t feel out of place in slacks and a polo for the gentlemen or a nice dress for the ladies. Many people have outdoor weddings on the beach and then host the reception at the Isles.

Very nice bar atmosphere. They have a great outdoor bar with a spectacular view of a pool as well as the Atlantic.

Food quality is perhaps the best in the area. Some more refined seafood dishes are available. Limited wine selection, but some good choices.

Service was great.

Bottom line: On a 4-night stay, we decided to eat here twice. Call early for the reservation and you’ll get a great outdoor seat.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Over the past couple of years we have tried the Isles and have had mixed reviews. Things have really improved with the new management. We have been 8 times so far this year with groups as large as 12 and our experiences have been excellent. The service and food quality has been perfect. All of our guest have been blown away by the atmosphere and caring staff.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have patroned this restaurant as a OIB local over the last two years and I continue to get inconsistent service with overpriced food....but Sunday took the cake. The Isles continues to struggle with management and service. I ordered the house salad with scallops....a $15 salad. $6 in scallops seemed a bit pricey but fresh seafood can be...I get it. When the salad came out, the 6 scallops were the size of a nickel...at best. It was actually comical but it wasn't funny as it was really happening. Neighboring tables started laughing and asked what I ordered. I brought it to the bartenders attention who was working the Tiki Bar and took our order. I asked her is this what comes with the salad for an additional $6 of scallops. She responded "how many did you eat already?". I didn't...that was it. She went to the kitchen and came back and said "yep, that's it as we serve it by the weight." I asked what is THIS weight as all 6 together don't weigh enough to equal 1 medium scallop. She responded "don't know, I didn't ask." and walked off. Rude and never checked backed in, thanked us for our service, nothing. 2 ice teas, a salad with pseudo scallops, and a shrimp burger were $30. OIB has great local businesses that I frequent weekly....without the ocean view, this is underwhelming at its best.

2  Thank lapoteete
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This restaurant was rated "fine dining" in a local guide book. Place was like a huge barn. No atmosphere except for the oean view. I had the broiled seafood platter. The whole dish was covered with paprika. Oysters were horrible. Little dried out things. Certainly not fresh. Way over priced!! Too many other places to go in Ocean Isle Beach.

2  Thank jpsincali