Tripadvisor

Review of Roberto's

Roberto's
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Roberto's has been family owned and operated since 1985. Mama Roberto's son Chef David Robert Gundrum still uses many of his mothers original recipes and has added a few of his own over the years. Roberto's Menu has includes Pasta, Seafood, Steaks and Pizza.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I travel to Ocean Isle many times per year and usually dont visit Roberto's because of a previous bad experience. But, I decided to give it another chance. And I was disappointed once again. This time I tried the black grouper which came on a bed of rice. When I finally received the dish it was cold. I told my server and she picked up the plate and went back to the kitchen. About 5 minutes later, she returned with the same plate of cold fish but now it was on a bed of warmer rice. I had to call the server back and told her the dish was inedible. I decided not to order anything else and I won't be back.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (304)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hadn't been for a while, so decided to go get pizza. Got seated right away, but took a long time to see our waitress. Ordered drinks, but waited a little too long for her to come back to place our order. Then waited yet again a little too long to get our pizza. The pizza had a good taste, but was dry and overcooked. The bottom crust was very dark - there were 6 of us, and all 3 pizzas ordered were dry and overdone. One almost black on the bottom. We will not be going back anytime soon.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 13, 2020

Good Italian food with decent size portions. The owner cooks and is on site. He walks around the restaurant and chats with customers when he is done cooking. This is a nice touch and shows he cares.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed December 30, 2019

This is a very good restaurant and I highly recommend it. We are in this area often and enjoy dining here. The owner / manager is always very kind.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 23, 2019

I can not speak of the food. Walked in, hostess took her sweet time to seat us 10-12 minutes (there were many tables available). We waited 15 for a waitress to visit our table and she disappeared after another 5 minutes we left. Total of 30 minutes wasted.

I do Not recommend this restaurant to anyone. There are many restaurants in the area with better service and friendlier staff.

Date of visit: November 2019