“Not a must”

Sharky's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: Tucked under the Ocean Isle Beach bridge, Sharky's Restaurant features a large indoor dining area as well as outdoor dining on the back deck that overlooks OIB's beautiful waterfront canal and views of the ICW. Menu choices offer the best seafood, salads, sandwiches, appetizers as well as the chef's choice of daily lunch and dinner specials. And all our menu items are reasonably priced! Enjoy ice cold beverages and anything from our menu at either of two bars. If you are planning a wedding, family reunion, birthday celebration or any special event, we have the perfect spot for that too! Sharky's has been the locals favorite for over 25 years and it's easy to see why it's the #1 destination for all visitors to our fantastic island paradise. If you are looking for a fun spot to enjoy great food, great drinks and the best staff, Sharky's Waterfront Restaurant is where you want to be.
Reviewed September 1, 2010

We just returned from OIB. The first night we ate at Sharkeys because it came so highly recommended. I felt the food was ok and prices high for what you got. Grilled Shrimp came out under cooked, rice had no flavor. Crab cakes were missing the lumps. Maybe better at light fare or lunch. The waitress was niceand tried hard to please. If you want FRESH seafood, take the drive toTwin Lakes down 17. You wont be disappointed.

2  Thank ajpaz

Reviewed August 22, 2010

So we went there for lunch. There was a young lady greeting/seating people and she was the only upbeat person in the place. I arrived first and took a seat in the bar area to wait for some friends. After waiting a minute or two with NO sign of recognition from the bartender I walked over to the bar and ordered a beer. Not one "unnecessary" word was spoken by the bartender. Although we ordered another beer or two and tipped her $1 each time, she remained the same throughout the time we were there.

Our waiter was either mentally slow, hungover, or stoned - take your pick. I ordered a burger with fries and he deadpans "it comes with fries." He said another dumb thing or two and left to put in our order. I looked at my friends with the "is it just me" look ... it wasn't just me.

Ok, so they advertised a "half pound burger." The burger comes -- a little overdone, no big deal -- but it didn't look very big to me. I'd call it about the same size as McDonald's quarter pounder -- maybe slightly bigger. Very disappointing. Fries were good with an average serving size.

The place has outdoor seating with a view along the waterway but otherwise is just your average ho-hum restaurant. Looks like they have some pretty lively nightlife there with bars everywhere you look (the other were closed when we were there.)

I won't be going back here.

1  Thank evilklown1
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Sharky's is a standby. Years ago they served mostly pizza, but they've expanded their menu to include sandwiches, burgers, seafood and salads. I've never had anything there I haven't liked.

We typically have to wait 30-45 minutes at the dinner rush, but it's never a problem. There is a large outdoor deck/dock where boats can pull in. There is live music, plenty of seating and drinks and appetizers are served on the deck.

The prices are very middle of the line and the staff are friendly.

1  Thank carolinabe
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Went here on first night of vacation...was just ok, mostly fried seafood (lot's of that in the area) after trying other fried seafood in the area not so good by comparision...try Giggling Mackeral right next door or Ella's in Calabash...much better

Reviewed June 30, 2010

Service was good. Water view was nice. Sadly, the food was overpriced and barely edible. My chicken was coated with "seasoning" that tasted like sand. The potatoes were bland, and the cole slaw was dry and tasteless. My husband had a steak and was no more impressed than I was. The ladies' restroom was nasty. Needless to say, I would not eat there again.

2  Thank kyblueskies