“Unusual but Good Pizza”

Cuisines: American, Pizza
Gibsonville, North Carolina
“Unusual but Good Pizza”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Bills is located on Hwy 68 in a new business park near Oak Ridge Rd. Its in the back, so look for the name on the sign at the road. Very nice facility, very clean. The service was fast and friendly. I got a small pizza with the works and they substituted two items for me, so that was nice. My pizza was a little overdone, but still very good. The meats and veggies are chopped small and the crust is very thin, but not to the point of being like a cracker. The sauce is good too and the pizza was not greasy. The pizza is unusual because of the way it is cut...into squares, not slices. They have pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese on the tables and the tea is very good. It is a bit pricey for both the pizza and the tea. Would stop again if in the area, but will not make a special trip next time...better pizza in the Greensboro area.

• Visited June 2014

Durham, North Carolina
“Is this frozen pizza?”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in this evening with friends after seeing this spot on our drive up to Hanging Rock State Park. Service was good and the place seemed clean. We ordered a large veggie pizza to share and unfortunately when it came out, we were not impressed. The pizza reminded me of cheap, store-bought frozen pizza. It even came out of the kitchen served on a cardboard disk. The veggies were not fresh cut and the crust was soft. Not my kind of pizza so I won't be coming back. Also, a place that bills itself as a "pub" should offer a better beer selection. Everything on the menu was a domestic, mass-produced beer except for Red Oak.

1 Thank Cmyo
Donna S, Owner at Bill's Pizza Pub, responded to this review, December 8, 2014
Bill's first opened in 1969, and the story behind the name is explained. Our pizza has not changed except to add more specialties like the Mediterranean which has fresh spinach. We do not offer a large variety of beers because we are mainly about the food, not alcohol. We may not be for everyone but are grateful for the loyal base of customers who keep on returning after all these years.
Oak Ridge
“Still my favorite Pizza”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I like this pizza more than most but I miss the old days when Bill's pizza would knock your socks off. I would drive 30 minutes to get one before this location opened. THAT pizza was so covered with ground beef, it would roll off the pizza and you could not see below the top ingredient because it would smother the pizza. The new version taste good but if you order a beef or pepperoni (ground up) it was half or less the old version. I miss the mess. The price is a little high but if you go before 5pm you can get a deal.

Still my favorite in Oak Ridge

• Visited April 2014
Oak Ridge, North Carolina
“Bill's Pizza Pub Special”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We always get the Bill's Pizza Pub Special. We have not eaten inside but allways call it in and pick it up. The service is very fast and the people are great! We have ordered this for years and have never been let down. It always taste the same.

Kent & Paula Richards
Oak Ridge, N.C.

• Visited February 2014
North Carolina
“Best Pizza Ever”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My very favorite pizza ever!!!! I always get the pizza pub special... and it's a meat lover's pizza. The salads are good and big. You feel like you get your money's worth here. It is family owned and I think there is more care and pride in all they serve. Service is good and don't miss the fried green beans! A nice little surprise!

Visited April 2013