“Yum!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Yum!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

The food was excellent! My husband and I ordered the drunken noodles with shrimp and panang curry with chicken. The presentation was good, but dated. However, the meal was definitely tasty. We also ordered the coconut cake which was suggested by another reviewer. It was a good white cake; very light and not too sweet. It tasted nothing like coconut, but still good. The only thing unusual about this place (other than its hybrid Thai/beach decore) was that there was not one Asian person working there. Note: I'm not being racist- just sayin.

1 Thank Adrienne W

Duluth, MN
“Great Thai food. Friendly service. Nice atmosphere.”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Pineapple curry was tasty, as was the Panang curry. But the coconut cake was out of this world wonderful. Oh, my. We met one of the owners of a local restaurant at an adjoining table. She praised the Pad Thai. The wait staff was friendly and efficient. The kitchen was incredibly clean. The decor had an old-fashioned, colorful, beachy feel. Fun place to eat and great food. What more is there?

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ScreenwriterPat
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Dated interior but good food and fresh i”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Sure the interior looks like a hotel bar from the 1980's, but the food was great, the service was quick and friendly, and best of all I didn't have to go to Jone's seafood that night. I asked around where a nice quiet place for a dinner with my wife and this place always came up, and I can see why. I will definitely come back on my next trip to Oak Island.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank WearyTraveler55_10
Oak Island, North Carolina, United States
“Great food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have not had a bad meal here but my favorite one is the Drunken Noodles. You can eat it as ordered or have them spice it up a little. I get it spiced up. Delicious!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Patricia E
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OKI must”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I make sure we go to Thai by the Sea every time we visits OKI! I have been looking forward to them all year :) friendly staff, the thai is delicious and very reasonably priced. I am obsessed w/ their thai chili sauce!

1 Thank Amanda H