“Great Hush Puppies :)”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The hush puppies were to die for. The ribs were also very yummy.. The service wasn't that good.. Fried okra was ok.. Mac & cheese and cheese tasted like it was out of a box. The collards were way to peppered. My favorites were the slaw. (white) & the hush puppies.. Everything else was ok.. Not really what I was looking forward too.. Sweet tea is super sweet.. All in All it was an OK meal.. We got take out.. & the service was ok.. They forgot about our teas... But it was good food to say the least..

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

This place is great. The only reason I have it 4 stars is just the accommodation factor. We had a party of 7 and had to split booths. No biggie but if they added a large table for big groups that'd be awesome. Everything else here is 5 star. Food, drinks, and service were outstanding. And the price matched! This was my first visit and I was very impressed. Great place!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a regular stop. The BBQ is best on the island. Get the BBQ platter for a lot of food at a great price.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Nice restaurant with good BBQ. We ate breakfast there and found it to be reasonably priced and tasty. I tasted their grits (from my boyfriend's plate) and thought they were good....I never had them before! The ribs were excellent and we made 2 meals out of them.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Absolutely awesome 'cue! I got the half-rack rib platter and it was excellent. The meat was practically faling off the bone but so, so good! Theybhave a great selection of sides, too.

Parkin is OK but could get a little tight when busy. The restaurant has plenty of booth style seating however so sitting in shouldnt be an issue.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I ordered two dinner plates to go and they had it ready for us in less than 10 minutes.

A must stop for barbeque lovers when in Oak Island!

1  Thank Jeffrey H