Ocean Crest Motel
Comfort Suites(Southport)(Great Value!)
$144
$137
Hotels.com
Hampton Inn Southport(Southport)(Great Value!)
$149
Wingate by Wyndham Southport(Southport)(Great Value!)
$84
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsprivate balconyocean frontfishing pierroom was cleanoceanfront roomoff seasonsmall poolmini fridgeyellow buildingbeach houselast minute tripcoffee makerbeach vacationfamily vacationfirst floorgreat roomshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 6, 2009

We had a last minute travel plan for work and was the only place we could find 4 days in advance.  I have stayed in motels before that make a half an effort to make their accomidations acceptable, but this place...
Steer clear!  If you can get through the fog of cigerrette smoke in the office, you can probaby deal with the hundreds of "no pet " signs that litter the property!
This motel is seriously a $39 room for the $150 we paid!
Was told king bed and received the crappiest twin beds for us and baby!
I am not one to review bad as we are business owners, but this place should be bulldozed!   Period!

Stay 10 minutes from the beach In a new hotel that actually cleans their rooms, floors, showers, sheets, and has a/c that doesn't sound like a darn 18 wheeler running!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Photoguyf8
ocmownr, Owner at Ocean Crest Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2009

Apparently this person had a bad business trip. First the no pet signs are on each door so people are aware we do not accept pets. They are not "Littering the property". We do not accept pets because of the difficulty of cleaning the rooms and removing the pet smell for customers who do not want to stay in a room which had a pet in it previously.

Next, none of our rooms have king beds (they have two full size beds) and we advise anyone who makes a reservation requesting a king that we do not have them. (We are currently upgrading our oceanfront private balcony rooms to two queen beds).

Our rooms are all very clean with exceptional linens as shown on our guestbook on our website.

Reviewed June 28, 2009

Took the family pier fishing for a few days and booked the O.C.M. We knew what to expect by looking at there web site and since it was a "fishing trip" and not a vacation we were willing to due without the amennities. Over all for a fishing trip it was just fine. I think $145.00 per night was a little much. I would not go for a weeks vacation but would consider going again for a couple of days of fishing. However, I would offer less than what we paid. (maybe $85.00 per night) If you do stay at the motel, treat yourself to great food at Island Way. It's walking distance and if you ask the motel desk clerk they will give you a 10% off coupon. I think you need to ask about it to get one. I may be wrong. I would recommend the O.C.M. but first I would need to know the purpose of going. PS. Pool is tiny. PSS. My mattress was rough.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank pierman76
Reviewed March 23, 2009

it is the best hotel ever carpet everywhere clean as can be peir is amazing just like the prices and the resteraunt the rooms are huge soft and quite matterusses beutiful waters and on the beach cant bbe beat

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed September 2, 2008

My wife and I had one of the most horrible experiences last weekend here. We did book the hotel at the last minute, and were told they only had two rooms left. However, we never expected the room to be so tiny!
The first thing I noticed when I walked in is that we had one FULL SIZE bed. When we were asked for one or two beds I assumed we would get at least a queen. The bed was very squeaky.
The room we stayed in had some kind of vinyl siding/paneling for walls and a tile floor (no carpet). No decorations whatsoever and lawn furniture on the inside. The TV was hung from the ceiling like a hospital room, since there wasn't enough room on the floor.
The bathroom was so small you couldn't have two people in there at once. My wife said the shower was so small she couldn't shave her legs. We bought shower shoes at the Southport Wal-Mart because the floor was dirty in the shower.
The sink wasn't in the bathroom, but by the front door because there was no room anywhere else.
The AC window unit kept turning off and on very loudly. Also, the room was musty and humid... almost like a 'rain forest.'

I'm sure some of the other rooms with an ocean view and balcony may have been better and we got we we deserved for reserving a room at the last minute. Still, a little bit of TLC would have made our room a lot better (carpet, pictures on the wall). Makes me think that the other rooms probably had the same inattention to detail.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank jbracer
Reviewed June 13, 2008

Being one of the only hotels we had on the island, they obviously don't have any competition. Having said that, the quality of the rooms were very poor for what was charged. The carpet floors were filthy and left our feet black. I realy did not like how the 2nd and 3rd floors didn't have shaded balconies. The lady at the office came across very rude, like she was impatient with us and was doing us a favor by being there. The pool is very small also. I guess being that they have a monopoly on the island for hotels then they can charge $90 a night for a $30 a night room with $.50 worth of service. I will not stay there again...I will rent a house since there are so many to choose from.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family