“Nice Vacation”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oak Island
BlueWater Point Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Oak Island
New London, North Carolina
“Nice Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

The motel was clean and comfortable. It is a older motel but met all our family's needs. The staff was friendly the atmosphere very family oriented. I hope to stay there again. If you are going to enjoy the beach and outdoor attractions you have easy access. The pool was small but never crowded and I liked the fact it was not over 4 ft deep if you have younger children this is a plus. View was wonderful in the mornings. It was quiet and safe place to vacation.

Room Tip: You will want to stay on the second floor for the view. Also, bring a hair dryer it is not provided.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank shuneycutt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

DON'T STAY HERE!

If you want to have a good vacation, please do not stay here. This place is disgusting and it has cockroaches which they try to say are Palmetto bugs. We woke up with them inside a closed bathroom but they are trying to say they flew in. They weren't there last night. I'm a Science teacher... They can't try to pull one over on me.

They are currently in the process of refusing to refund us for the night we stayed AND the nights we haven't even stayed yet!!

Then one of the owners proceeded to argue with me from the lower level in the yard (after trying to get ahold of them for over an hour) and tell me that they spray every month and that I was wrong. I stayed professional and he immediately became RUDE. I've never had such terrible service at a place I paid over 100$
a night for!!

So disappointing. This place has a wonderful location but it just isn't worth getting bugs for.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Travalinglady
Roaring Gap, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

The rooms (beds!) leave a bit to be desired, but the location is wonderful. Near the west end of Oak Island, you can see the Sunrise from one side of the building, and Sunset from the other, both over water. There are in-room refrigerators, microwaves, and table and chairs, which makes it very easy to eat in,and there's a small snack and fishing shop and very popular restaurant on site, too. There is a dock you can walk out onto, and the Motel can book you a sunset or daytime boat cruise (Ask for Captain Martin.). There is a pretty nice pool, but t's just a city block to the Beach. One problem I've noticed is a lot of cigarette smokers around, including the very friendly characters that work there. Those so inclined, can fish right off the east end wall. The rates are exceptionally low for such a great beach. We stayed there a couple of times while looking for a house to buy, which we did.

Room Tip: The Sunrise is gorgeous from the rooms on the east side, but that's also where a lot of people s...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank bcblack
Oak Island, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed here for four nights. We stayed in the back second floor facing the sound. Very pretty views of the sound and sunrises. The room was large and clean. Everything was old fashioned and slightly worn. The pillows and bed were clean, soft, and very comfortable. We had a mini fridge, coffee pot, and microwave (something a nicer hotel in the area seemed to forget). The tv was a newer flat screen mounted on the wall. Every room comes with two full/queen beds. The hotel is a block away from the beach. There is a nice boardwalk going from the hotel to the beach. There is also a small shallow pool available for those who prefer their children there. The maid was available everyday and made sure we didn't need anything. The restaurant next door is always crowded for dinner and the staff and food are wonderful. I wasn't pleased with the Fish House the first time around but the second time it was wonderful and our waitress was super sweet and accommodating. You can watch the fishing boats, kayakers, fisherman, and wildlife from your room(or my room you could). If you are lucky, you may see dolphins playing like we did. :) The only suggestion I have is making some minor repairs on the normal wear and tear.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room you have better views also a room on the end
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JenNRob626
Commerce, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have stayed here for a week the last five or six years. The accommodations are nice, if not fancy. I is the perfect place to lay in if you are going down the inland waterway and is a great place for overflow accommodations or fishing. The folks that run it are always nice and very helpful

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank John P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Kinda missed talking fishing with that LG fellow until some girl told me the whole story on him,sounds pretty scary if true! I don't guess I'll see that 50 bucks he said he'd pay me back when I came back this year. This is the same guy who opened our door last year (with a key) around 6:00 one night and said he had to check something electrical, but he wouldn't say exactly what! He didn't knock at all, plus we should be notified before he came up to our room. Girl told my wife this year that he only cuts your grass somebody needs to look into this matter, the more I think about it he was up to no good just walking in our room like that, he didn't think anyone was home plus he was on something

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank Truttt
Archdale, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I read some of the negative reviews and realized that those people may have been expecting the motel to be their main experience at the beach. I have stayed at high end all the way to the other end of the spectrum. This motel is Ideal for a beach stay. This area is like the earlier times beach experience, not a luxurious resort. Great for fishing and kicking back. The Motel is clean,rooms are spacious. Nice restaurant and helpful staff. Great location, you can fish here or drive a short distance up the strand to a larger pier. To me it is pretty much what you expect from a "beach motel". Will definately stay here again. Great view with real beach atmosphere.

Room Tip: Rooms at back looking over ICW best view with benches to set and relax.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hampton Inn Southport
Hampton Inn Southport
#1 of 5 in Southport
Wingate by Wyndham Southport

Been to BlueWater Point Motel? Share your experiences!