“ICE cream.”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Seating
“ICE cream.”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Homemade Ice Cream! Who wouldn't love that? I do, until I made my way to the Leaky Tiki.

Ice Cream .... They focus on the ice and not so much on the cream. Their servings, while generous, were thin in texture. There was very little in the way of creaminess, the part that makes ice cream so enjoyable.

I had the peach ice cream, and the peaches were definitely fresh. My son had mint chocolate chip, and said he had a hard time tasting the chocolate chips, and my wife did not care for her butter pecan, and it was primarily ice crystals with a few chopped pecans.

They do have a very nice deck with which to enjoy your treats on, Some evenings they even have karaoke. I wonder if the owners are seeking a specific niche market? I hope they find it soon.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank MichaelSPatton

“The best waffle cones on the island!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

There are a million ice cream spots in Oak Island and this one is by far the best! The girls behind the counter gave great service and were gracious to a rude customer who was in front of us in line. The ice cream tastes homemade and the waffle cones were seriously second to none!! I didn't ask, but they were thick ad delicious and I wouldn't be surprised if they were homemade. I loved everything but the neon paint :) a must-do!

• Visited July 2013
New Jersey
“"Great Ice Cream!"”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The home-made ice cream was very high quality and very fresh. We went there 2 out the three nights we were in Oak Island. An interesting feature is Karaoke, which was lots of fund even just listening to.

Julian, North Carolina
“Great homemade ice cream”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Great place for ice cream! Great place to take small kids for fun! We eat here every year we're here!

Brevard, North Carolina
“Great ice cream”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

It's hard to find good ice cream, but we did here at the Leaky Tiki. We recommend that anyone visiting Oak Island stop by and try some