“Great food and people”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Fountain Hills, Arizona, United States
“Great food and people”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I went there twice. Staff is very friendly and the food was exceptional. Will always return when I visit, can;t wait to move there. Nice big bar area just to unwind. Small and cozy dining area.

Visited October 2012

“Amazing food and huge portions!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

The food was amazing! I had the blackened chicken primavera pasta and it was very good. My husband had the steak and loved it too. We highly recommend eating here! :)

SOUTHPORT
“Anybody can cook seafood”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have been eating coastal cooking for 55 years and while I am hardly an expert, I know what I like at this point. Anybody can fry up a bunch of shrimp but finding a restaurant that has a little soul is not so easy. You will find that the staff at Turtle Island is "extended family" and seems perfectly willing to adopt their customers :) The food is always excellent and the cooks will discuss recipes with you if you ask ... (and you will probably ask because they have unique dishes, always working on something new). Absolutely try the grouper fingers appetizer ... I promise your family will remember the time you took them to Turtle Island.

• Visited September 2012
Sparta, NC
“Annie's Clam Chowder Excellent”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Wednesdays Steam Night had been highly touted for Turtle Island. Noticing the crowds on Wednesdays, we arrived early and were seated at a table near the bar. It was so noisy we could not carry on a conversation, We got steamed snow crab legs and oysters, good, but a little too cool. However, our cup of Annie's Chowder was delicious. Our service (by a young black fellow) was outstanding. He knows how to hustle.

We returned to Turtle Island on a different night, hoping for a quieter atmosphere. Volume was down a notch, but still very noisy. If you like a local bar type of place, it is perfect. This night I got the special trigger fish oscar. The fish and asparagus were excellent, but the crab meat topping tasted strange, so I scraped it off. Service this night was not so good. I had to ask for things for than once. He didn't seem to know how to take care of multiple tasks in one trip, running back and forth. Maybe inexperience.

• Visited September 2012
Pennsylvania
“Worth the wait!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Have eaten there every July for the last 3 years and will continue to do so. The food is always fantastic. Great seafood (though I find the skewered shrimp presented in a V as a bit tacky; absolutely delicious, but tacky). The low country food is very satisfying. Love the hush puppies! We've eaten at the bar each time we were there so cannot comment on the dining room. Service has always been top notch. The one time there was an issue with our order being significantly delayed, the owner/manager comped the entire meal. We talked to him when we were waiting for a table and he's a classy guy. He talked of renovations being planned so we can't wait to see the changes!

• Visited July 2012