“AWESOME Burger-Try to get in around the crowd”
Review of Little Bit's Grill

Little Bit's Grill
Ranked #10 of 60 Restaurants in Oak Island
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Had heard by word-of-mouth and Tripadvisor about this restaurant and both of us were anxious to try it.

We arrived at about 1:30 PM on a Wednesday and it was pretty packed. Seeing folks outside in groups made me assume they took names for tables so I went in and waited at the register. About 5 minutes or more went by so I felt kind of odd standing there even as waitresses came and went, I finally flagged one down and was told it was simply first-come-first-serve, so we would just have to wait on a table. We sat down and waited. We were able to get a table in about 30 minutes.

In a nutshell, the burgers were awesome! I'm a big guy and usually gripe about price-to-portion size at restaurants but not here! I ordered the large burger and fries and I was STUFFED. The large burger is almost funny looking hanging over the bun.

Our waitress was okay but made a couple of minor bumbles, like setting our food down at the wrong table and only once the customers interchanged the fries and onion rings between the two plates did she pick it back up and sat it down to us. She then looked incredulous that we WOULDN'T just "be okay" with it... Normally I would have NOT accepted it but these guys looked clean and we'd waited about 45-50 minutes to eat. Overall she was okay and my wife felt she done well.

Another waitress ("Kim") was the one who helped me at the register when I arrived, tried to get us seated sooner, and came by and checked on us a time or two. To me SHE was the one who REALLY stood out (we even ran into her later at Food Lion.)

The owner "Little Bit"(?) is a short Asian lady that works behind the counter from my understanding.

DEFINITELY will be back! We TRIED another day for lunch upon seeing a couple of open parking spaces, but while sitting in traffic waiting to turn (coming from the west side of the island) FOUR vehicles turned in from the oncoming lane and so we just went on...

Reviewed June 26, 2014

The food is excellent and you get your money's worth. Enjoy watching them prepare my food. Staff is very friendly.

1  Thank shirley c
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Little Bits looks a lot like the 1950's hamburger joints. It is small, only seats 25-30 people ,but trust me if you have to stand in line a few mins. it is well worth it. They have 4 employs working as hard as they can go. A large Hamburger and fries is about $6.00. They are so large that my wife and I share one. They use 14 oz. of meat in each burger. That is almost a pound of meat folks in ea. burger. The meat is del. They cook it in front of you on the old fashion grill. I highly recommend this grill. Warren.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Great burgers - the 14 oz is a hunger killer. Fresh ingredients, good taste, clean atmosphere. Sat at the counter with our son and watched them cook. Fries could be better (just frozen from a bag), but the burgers make up for them.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

All my friends have raved about this place so I decided to try it & convinced the rest of my fam to give it a whirl too.

The waitress was very friendly that took our order. The to go order was ready in a reasonable amount of time.

When I came up to pay, I asked for a refill on my drink. The cashier was rather brusque but fulfilled my request. One of my family members had ordered separately so she could pay separately. I took the main order out to the car. A loooong time later, my relative came out without an order. She said the cashier told her it was all included in the main order. It was not.

We ended up splitting the main order with the person that ordered separately. The food was ok but NOTHING like the hype. I would say it was average. In hindsight, I should've stayed home & had a tomato sandwich. I probably won't go back.