“Beautiful beautiful beautiful.”
Review of Oak Island Beaches

Oak Island Beaches
Ranked #1 of 34 things to do in Oak Island
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We have a condo here in Caswell Beach and we love this beach. We visit off season most times and it is so serene, beautiful and quiet. There are dolphins, pelicans, shells and sandy beach vistas. I come home every time with more photos, videos of the sound of the surf, and the urge to turn around and go back. The town of Southport (of "Safe Haven" fame.....thank you Nicholas Sparks) is close by, quaint and warm. My daughter and her husband LOVE to visit whenever they can and I can't wait to retire here.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Oak Island, NC is a lovely place for a family vacation. It's not so commercially oriented like other beaches. There are excellent restaurants and a very handy Food Lion. Pirate Deck is a casual restaurant with delicious food and friendly staff. Little shops for t-shirts and such. Beautiful beaches and beautiful ocean.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We have been vacationing here for the past 15 years and we liked it so much that we relocated here permanently in early 2013. Beaches are long and quiet. Because of a hook in the NC coastline Oak Island faces due south so we get to see both sunrise and sunset over the water this time of year!

1  Thank woodygo
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

These beaches are so quiet. I love that. I'm not sure what it's like in the summer, I'm sure a lot more people are out, but as far as now ...it's just perfect. I can go out and just sit and read a book or walk for hours without having to deal with any crowd. The views are beautiful.

2  Thank Jaxn81
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Our first morning we walked out onto the beach for the sunrise. What a great view we had. The sun lite up the clouds in reds and orange which reflected along the pools of water left from high tide.

2  Thank Allen T