“Delicious Subs!”

Oak Island Sub Shop
Ranked #11 of 60 Restaurants in Oak Island
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My family and I decided to pick up subs at the Oak Island Sub Shop on the last day on the island. They were delicious. Probably the best sub I have ever had. I plan to return!

1  Thank Brianna89

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The folks are working hard to get you what you like and do it quickly. Happy employees and very pleased to see you! Expect a wait in line, it is that good. Call ahead is better.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Very nice menu for a small beach shop, but unable to handle crowds. The line was long and the food looked good and I was willing to wait. However, the cashier was in such a rush that he failed to give me the drink cup. After watching them for twenty minutes and seeing very few orders served, I tried to ask the counter attendant for the drink and was ignored. Left without ever getting the food. I think this could be a good place for lunch in the off season

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We visit Oak Island several times a year and always have to fit in more than one trip to the sub shop. The bread is freshly made in house and is an integral part of the sub!

They have several options and we try to order something different each time to get a broad sampling of the menu. My favorite continues to be the chicken salad while my husband likes the cuban.

The location is perfect and is in the epi-center of all that "happens" on the island. It's within walking distance from almost anywhere on the island as well. If you haven't tried this gem, please don't wait! Enjoy it on your next OKI visit.

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

When I saw the line I figured we were in the right place. We ordered muffuletta sandwiches, a Reuben, loaded foot long got dogs. All were great, fresh ingredients, tasty! Get the pressed muffuletta-awesome! The wait can be long for pressed or heated sandwiches by the way.

1  Thank SCR-ATL