“Very slow breakfast”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 30, 2014

After a long wait to get seated for breakfast, the wait for the food after ordering was just as long, if not longer. Not sure if they were making dishes one at a time in the back or what. The food was good, standard diner breakfast food, but the long waits and general experience makes this a very average experience.

There are newer reviews for Oak Island Restaurant

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We have been coming to Oak Island for over 20 years and this was the first and last time we will go to this eatery. The fish was nothing but bones and really had little to no taste. My daughter had the crab plate and she was not impressed with the taste either. The prices are not expensive but the food is below average. We will stick with Jones or Provision Co next time. Don't waste your money or time here.

1  Thank Craig S
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This restaurant was a disappointment to me. I waited over 15 min. before someone came to take my drink order and another 15 mins. for them to take my order. the food was so slow coming that I ask for my bill for the drinks and left. Not recommended.

1  Thank Cisc099
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went in to this restaurant about 2:05. Door was open and lots of people just getting food. I was waiting to be seated and for people to pay their bill . A lady came over and said "We're closed". "We will reopen at 4:30. Her comments were firm and without a smile or I'm sorry, etc. I felt she was rude and so I would certainly not go back at 4:30. The attitude of employees is what makes a place special. I have been to this restaurant many, many times and had never interacted with this particular person. I actually think she is related to owner. I have not seen her seating people before. But anyway, too many places to eat on this Island to be treated this way.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We ate at the Oak Island Restaurant on Sunday after church. There was a short wait. My husband's fish was just okay, but we both agreed my lemon-pepper grilled shrimp was delicious! They had excellent slaw. The hushpuppies were a little sweet, but good. My sons both had chicken strips and fries, which were very good. It was a very clean restaurant with friendly service.