“A Little too late”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went in to this restaurant about 2:05. Door was open and lots of people just getting food. I was waiting to be seated and for people to pay their bill . A lady came over and said "We're closed". "We will reopen at 4:30. Her comments were firm and without a smile or I'm sorry, etc. I felt she was rude and so I would certainly not go back at 4:30. The attitude of employees is what makes a place special. I have been to this restaurant many, many times and had never interacted with this particular person. I actually think she is related to owner. I have not seen her seating people before. But anyway, too many places to eat on this Island to be treated this way.

There are newer reviews for Oak Island Restaurant

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We ate at the Oak Island Restaurant on Sunday after church. There was a short wait. My husband's fish was just okay, but we both agreed my lemon-pepper grilled shrimp was delicious! They had excellent slaw. The hushpuppies were a little sweet, but good. My sons both had chicken strips and fries, which were very good. It was a very clean restaurant with friendly service.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Perfectly fried, non-greasy fish with good slaw and country vegetables. We also had good service and prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We have been there on 2 occurrences where we were there approximately 45 mins before closing and we were turned away one time and almost turned away the second time. The owners are a mother/daughter team, and when they get tired.....they don't care what time it is, They say 'closed'. The food is fairly good for fried seafood. The atmosphere is that of a small diner, not fancy at all. Not very clean inside either. We really just go for the food, but the staff is not friendly at all.

1  Thank Dawn R
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Lunch for me consisted of two huge perfectly fried flounder filets, okra, squash, coffee, and dessert. My wife had popcorn shrimp, okra, and a salad. I couldn’t finish the flounder so we took one of the filets home and had it for dinner. Only a Jackson for all of this, including tip. Amazing. It was enough to reel us back in for another lunch that was just as good the next day.

1  Thank JohnRDU