“Best flounder around”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Ate during the lunch meal and without a doubt the best fried flounder I have eaten in a long time. The plate had two very large flounder filets plus the usually sides. My folks have eaten here numerous times and rave about the flounder, they were right. Yea, the service might have been a bit on the slow slide but it was crowded and being that I was visiting with freinds it was not a problem since were were busy catching up! The waitress was very friendly and kept us informed as to the status of our order. I will be back when next I visit NC coast!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Restaurant closes at 8:00 pm but you have to get an order in by 7:00. My father put in a take out order at 6:30 on 9/1 but they were out of fish??? You would think they would have anticipated how many customers they would have on the last official summer holiday of the year. They have great fish when they have it and if you are willing to wait an hour for your food. We won't go back unless it's in the winter time. :(

Reviewed September 1, 2013

No reservations taken. Long lines usually mean excellent food. Here it simply means good food and slow service. The restaurant closes at 8:00, but stops taking new takeout orders and allowing people to get on the queue by 7:15. We were seated at 7:20 after a 45 minute wait, placed orders by 7:30 and had food by 8:00.

I understand why this is in the lower half of the ratings.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I went with a group of 8 adults to Oak Island Restaurant in June. It was our first night there and it was definitely a disappointing meal to have after a long day of travel. We waited 45 minutes which was expected for a large group but after we waited that long, we expected to be able to sit near each other. We ended up on opposite sides of the restaurant. The portions were generous and the pricing was pretty inexpensive but it took us over 10 minutes to be acknowledged by our server, our food (which was all fried) took 45 minutes, and our drinks were empty pretty much the entire meal. South Port is a short drive away. I ordered shrimp seeing as how we were at the beach and I've tasted better at restaurants in Charlotte that has theirs trucked in.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Never returning, several other nicer restaurants to choose from. Like Jolly Rogers, Russells, etc...
I believe that terrible waitresses name is Wanda, mean hateful woman

1  Thank 5LFarm