“Very Good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I live and work in dowtown newton and i have eaten here many times for lunch and dinner. The food is always great! The owners are very nice and the prices are affordable. The food isn't fancy and I wish they were open later but we have a new wine bar downtown and I just walk over there if im not ready to go home.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We decided to try the "new place" out in town. It was a rainy Saturday afternoon in January 2013. There were quite a few servers standing around the register counter. We watched and waited for a while until we were finally noticed. Once our drink order was taken, it took forever for the server to come back with our sodas. She seemed very preoccupied and we could tell we were not her priority. I ordered a cheesesteak and my husband ordered a burger. They were both dried out and flavorless. Needless to say...we won't be back.

3  Thank pookiefish
Reviewed June 26, 2013

If you are in the mood for some good food at a reasonable price try the Blue Moon. The atmosphere is great in this place. They have a full bar with a great selection of locally brewed beers. You can try a couple sample beers at no charge till you are ready to make a selection. The food is not fancy but well prepared and very reasonably priced. We recently chose them for a wedding rehearsal dinner with great results. If you are in the greater Hickory area look this place up. You will be glad you did!!!

1  Thank Stanbo_13
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Tried this restaurant again to give it a second chance. Beef kabobs were baked under the broiler. Special for the evening was a steak...also cooked under the broiler and void of any grill marks, flavor, juiciness etc. The chicken wings were okay , but obviously prepared ahead and BBQ sauce added at the time dish sent to the table. Seafood salad made with fake crabmeat. Cajun chicken salad was just okay. The dry chicken was sprinkled with some Cajun seasoning and not flavorful at all. The salad part was good, but salad dressing will mask almost any problem if you pour lots of it on.
I can't believe customers continue to pay for food like this!

3  Thank QueenTiff
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Great food, atmosphere, bartender Darnell is awesome and friendly. Been there many times and 2nd time back remembered me, my friend and what we drink. Only problem is that it closes to early but otherwise one of my FAVS.

1  Thank Cricketlt

Been to Blue Moon Tavern? Share your experiences!