“Like going to a relative's house, but someone who is a great coook!”

Christa's Country Corner
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Newland
Cuisines: Barbecue
Texas
“Like going to a relative's house, but someone who is a great coook!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

They are really big on the hospitality, and the food is soooo good. I had a plate of ribs, cole slaw, and a roll, and what kind of took over from there was the cinnamon roll with cream cheese frosting. It was warm and wonderful. My wife and I shared one, and I wanted to buy us a couple more so we could have our own, but we both had our brains available, and stopped desert. Christa even excels in the selection of knick-knacks and incidental items for sale in her general store. My wife found some really nice "foot cream" that is awesome for winter dried hands. We were so glad that our cabin's owner recommended this place.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank tomcat5470

Smyrna, GA
“Must do”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

If you are in the Linville Falls area, you have to stop here. The food is all awesome, cooked daily by Christa. And, the food is only slightly better than the amazing service and hospitality. We had a big family stop today, so we sampled a little bit of everything. The smoked chicken sandwich was probably the best, but the chicken & rice soup, chili, desserts, etc. were all very, very tasty. Whatever sandwich you choose, it has to be on the homemade yeast rolls. Nothing else to say other than you have to try this place if you are in the area. I will be back, even if it's 6 hours from home.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank GRGT96
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“a priceless gem off the blue ridge parkway”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

It is hard to say any more about this place, as previous reviewers have said it all. It is really down home place with locals eating and gabbing and a few tourists discovering it. An A plus for the yeast rolls. When we are on the Blue Ridge looking for that great shot, the first thing my wife says "should I call ahead and reserve some of those yeast rolls before they run out?" I had the smoked 1/2 chicken was wonderful. And the deserts go fast, so when you get there have them put one aside, as by the time you finish your meal, that one last slice of coconut cream pie or bananna pudding may be gone. I rate them up with the yeast rolls.

• Visited December 2012
NW Mountains, NC
“Best yeast rolls ever”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Christa makes yeast rolls fresh every day and they are fabulous as the bread on one of her wonderful sandwiches.

Visited October 2012
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“An Incredible Surprise”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The ladies working in the shop at Linville Falls recommended this place to us when we told them we were hungry. I can honestly say I would have never stopped here in a million years had they not raved about it. We're talking hole in the wall country store/truck stop. If it weren't for our hunger and time crunch I might have even looked for some place else. But man oh man am I thrilled we decided to just go with it. I expected pre-made gas station sandwiches...but Christa is one amazing cook. The homemade yeast rolls are amazing. The chicken and pork and brisket are all smoked on site. Service was "down home country" friendly. Next time we're up in the mountains we will make it a point to go to Christa's again - might even plan our trip around it. I felt like we were robbing them when I saw the check. Yummm-O!

• Visited October 2012