“Great Smoked Chicken!!!!”

Carolina Barbeque
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Newland
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenville, Wisconsin
“Great Smoked Chicken!!!!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We visited while we were touring the Blue Ridge Parkway. My husband had the smoked chicken and said it was the best meal he had on the trip. My meal was simple but good. I would give it a 4, but had to give it a 5 because it was my hubby's favorite meal!!!

• Visited September 2013

Boone, NC
“Unprofessional Catering Service”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

There is no denying that Carolina BBQ has some great food at a good price. However, had I known how bad the service was and how difficult communication was going to be, I would never have booked them to cater my wedding.

The caterers were an hour late and were not set up until after my guests had been seated for 30 minutes. They also did not help clean up the plates and then went to three different people in my wedding party asking why there was no gratuity included in the final check. It was my understanding with the owner that gratuity would be included with the final price and so I did not include it on accident. I would have gladly added a tip at a later time had the service been acceptable. The way the whole situation was handled was completely unprofessional.

I called the manager David to discuss it and he just never called me back. This honestly was not unusual with him. Prior to the wedding, whenever I would call or email with a question it would take at least 3 days to get a response and many times I was just ignored. The sheer rudeness and disrespect was amazing. Eating in their restaurant is never a bad experience, but their catering is completely unorganized. Look elsewhere unless you want to be stressed beyond belief with your caterer.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Emurf033
“Best BBQ chicken in the mountains.”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Me and my family ate her Monday evening. The atmosphere is really country and family friendly. Although a couple of waitresses/ cashiers needed longer shorts. The food was great and we love the bluegrass gospel music that's played. We will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2013
Pueblo, Colorado
“Great food - great price”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had pork sandwiches and they were very good. Had a side order of fried pickles - we had never had them before and they were great. Good slaw. Enjoyed trying the different BBQ sauces. They had the cutest aprons made from jeans. Had to buy one and hope to make more on my own when I get home. Very busy place but didn't have to wait long for food.

• Visited July 2013
“Family stop”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for lunch otw to grandfather mtn. Ribs were excellent. Kids got the Mac & cheese-not so good. Chicken was amazing and pulled pork combo was great too. Good food here.

• Visited July 2013