“Best BBQ chicken in the mountains.”
Review of Carolina Barbeque

Carolina Barbeque
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Newland
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Me and my family ate her Monday evening. The atmosphere is really country and family friendly. Although a couple of waitresses/ cashiers needed longer shorts. The food was great and we love the bluegrass gospel music that's played. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had pork sandwiches and they were very good. Had a side order of fried pickles - we had never had them before and they were great. Good slaw. Enjoyed trying the different BBQ sauces. They had the cutest aprons made from jeans. Had to buy one and hope to make more on my own when I get home. Very busy place but didn't have to wait long for food.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for lunch otw to grandfather mtn. Ribs were excellent. Kids got the Mac & cheese-not so good. Chicken was amazing and pulled pork combo was great too. Good food here.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Maybe, I ordered the wrong item. Part of my pork BBQ was uncooked and part was burnt. YMMV but I would not return.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Carolina BBQ has some of the best roasted chicken I have ever eaten. It has a great smoky, char-grilled flavor. I got the chicken breast -- it was so moist, not the least bit dry. Their slaw is wonderful. It is not typical BBQ restaurant coleslaw. I got a pint carton to bring home. Delicious fries and hushpuppies, too. The restaurant has live music on Friday evenings. We are going to plan a Friday on our next visit so we can enjoy the entertainment. And, their homemade pecan cobbler is great.