“Great Place to stay”

The Shady Lawn Lodge
Shelby, North Carolina
“Great Place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

A wonderful place to stay! The room was very nice and modern. It surpassed our expectations. New furnishings, huge shower, big comfortable bed!!! Completely satisfied.
We had stayed at this motel twenty years ago and were greatly surprised by the renovations. If you are looking for a place to stay in this area, you cant go wrong by staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Mebane, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

My family and I visited the mountains this weekend and stayed at The Shady Lawn Lodge. From the moment I walked through the door, this was one of the best experiences I have ever had with a business. I was greeted at the front desk with a smile and not only was I made to feel welcome, I knew immediately that this place appreciated my business. The rooms were immaculate, very comfortable, and had everything we needed. Rarely do you find a business that appreciates your business AND has an outstanding product! Location is a plus because it is right in the middle of town, close to restaurants, grocery, shopping, and convenience stores. Easy to get to and right off the main road. We will never stay any place else when visiting the High Country. My husband, two teenage daughters, and myself highly recommend this place...you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: King Suite has large bedroom with king bed, bathroom with granite counter tops and great shower, liv...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NCTraci34
Justin R, Owner at The Shady Lawn Lodge, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and your stay. We value your opinions and appreciate your business. We hope you come back soon!
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We were extremely impressed with our stay here. Everything in the room was perfect and we will be sure to return. If you are traveling to this area and you are looking for a really nice place for a reasonable price then this is the best choice in the area. Its nice to find somewhere with no minimum number of days in this area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kannapolis, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We were greeted with staff members who were very welcoming and were glad we chose their hotel for our vacation. Our room was excellent (very clean, newly renovated, spacious bathroom/shower, granite bathroom counters, 30'' flat-screen tv, mini-fridge, comfortable bed). I compared this hotel's rates with other hotels in the area and found that this hotel was MUCH cheaper. I feel that we got a great deal, especially for such a low price. We will definitely be coming back and staying at this hotel again in the near future!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Alot of hotels were booked as it was a busy weekend this time of year. This hotel was close to everything and was super clean and really nicely done. It came recommend by another inn that was full. So glad or I would have never found this one. I would definitely stay here again. Highly reccomend this place to anyone traveling :))

• Stayed October 2012
Roxboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I would definitely recommend this place. It is very clean and staff very friendly. I am happy I came across this place in my search for a place to stay. I will be staying here again in the future. The rooms have been updated and bathrooms have granite countertops and a beautiful tile shower. A big bargain for the price!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Though we only stayed for one night, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The room was remodeled with lots of dark wood for a rich feel and the bathroom was upgraded with a large tiled shower and ceramic tiled floors. For peak leaf season, the room was very reasonably priced (we had a king room for $85) and they didn't mind our golden retriever staying. There are plenty of great hiking spots nearby and Blowing Rock isn't too far of a drive either.
Someone earlier said that there were no closets but our room had a nice sized closet so I guess it just depends on the room. We did get a bit hot at night and realized that the room didn't seem to have A/C. We opened up the windows for a bit though and it cooled down quickly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newland
BEST WESTERN Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk
#2 of 5 in Spruce Pine
Archer's Mountain Inn
Archer's Mountain Inn
#7 of 9 in Banner Elk

Been to The Shady Lawn Lodge? Share your experiences!