DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Marietta, United States
“Best Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

The staff of this hotel is by far the best I have ever dealt with. We felt appreciated and comfortable the moment we stepped in the hotel. All hotels should have their staff treat customers this way. Plus the hotel is in the prime spot in the town, easy walking distance to all of the attractions and great restaurants.

1 Thank Bradley B
DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that the staff made you feel welcomed during your visit. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

The hotel is situated in a prime location. Close to restaurants and shopping. It sits on the River and for the rooms with river views and marina, its great. The hotel was undergoing a renovation and wasn't quite up to Hilton standards. When I booked this room as a river view, I was not aware that a balcony was not part of the room rate. In order to have a balcony with river view, an upgrade was necessary. Which I found out later. The cost was nominal and we opted for this. Balcony was very narrow and had no chairs. Upgrading was to include a refrigerator in the room, which it did not. Great restaurant on the premises and good size pool. Room was clean and a good size, but very noisey A/C unit.Would stay here again only after renovation.

2 Thank simplylovely
Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize that we are unable to keep chairs on the balcony for safety purposes, but should we have the pleasure of you staying with us again, please call the front desk and they will have chairs brought up for you. I am happy you enjoyed the view, the restaurant and the pool during your visit. I have made our Chief of Engineering aware of the HVAC unit in the room and that is being addressed immediately. Thank you and have a great day!
Pleasantville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I recently stayed at the Double Tree in New Bern, NC. Although the room was nice, I was a little disappointed in a few things. My room was not available to check-in until apparently 3pm, but I was in a wedding that started at 2pm, so clearly I couldn't check in at that time. Nobody offered to hold my luggage anywhere so I had to put it in the bride and grooms room. (a little annoying if you ask me). Also, I found a few spiders in the bathroom .. gross. Bed was comfortable, but all in all, it was nothing to write home about.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Kelly F
Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize that your room was not ready before the 3pm check in but we certainly should have offered to hold your luggage. I also apologize for the spiders that were in your bathroom, I have brought this to the attention of our Director of Housekeeping and our Chief of Engineering so that it can be addressed immediately. Thank you and have a great day!
Wake Forest, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I normally don't give Reviews but Double Tree was great and enjoy every moment in the hotel and the area. Will be back next July 4th. The only thing wrong which couldn't be helped was the construction going on in the hotel which took away some of the beauty of certain areas.

Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to having you stay with us again. I can assure you that by next year our renovations will be done. Thank you and and have a great day!
Hyattsville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Came for family reunion July 4th weekend. It was a wonderful weekend. The hotel and staff were great. The banquet hall was efficently set up and the food was great. This is a really good property in a great location. Had fun at the club downstairs. Some folks complained about the noise from the club in their guest rooms.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that our staff and your reunion were a success. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Have a great day!
Havelock, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Service was great. Everyone went out of their way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. They are renovating the hotel and we were lucky enough to get one of the renovated rooms. The room was nice. The only problem we had was with the TV reception. We stayed 11 days and had TV reception only 1 night. I understand that they have a contract with Direct TV which will expire in 4 months. I urge them to buy out the contract and go with another provider. This is just unacceptable for a Hilton Hotel. We were never able to pick up the local New Bern Channel, and the TV reception only stayed on for about 10 minutes at a time. Then it would go off for hours. It was not just our room, it was the same in the Bar and on other public TV's in the hotel as well. It was just annoying to not be able to follow the news, some sporting events and local happenings on the local news.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am happy to know our staff made you feel welcomed during your visit. I also would like to apologize for the issues you faced with our TV programming. I have brought this to the attention of our General Manager and our Chief of Engineering. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Oakland, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

If you have traveled a fair amount, then you know sometimes things can go wrong. Our stay at this hotel was one of those times. Our first assigned room was freezing ( a waste of energy) and smelled of strong air fresher or cleaning solvents. No windows opened.Moved to another room where the air conditioner was broken and the ceiling leaked.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Jude R
Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize for the issues you faced with the HVAC in both room and that there was a look also. I have brought this to the attention of our General Manager, Chief of Engineering and our Director of Housekeeping so they can be addressed immediately. Thank you again and have a great day!

Travelers are raving about these New Bern hotels