“Great Experience,even my Dog loved it !”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
“Great Experience,even my Dog loved it !”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed at The Doubletree in New Bern last month and had a wonderful time.Traveling with our westie this time we stayed at the doggie friendly rooms that are on the property. The room was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.One cleaning lady stopped us and asked about our dog and gave him some lovin (which he Loved) being only 16 pounds he is very easy to manage.Walking the Marina was pure Heaven and the grounds are manicured to perfection.The Hotel has a Bar and a restaurant and a nice clean pool. The town is only 1 block away with nice shops and plenty of restaurants .I would put this hotel at the top of my list.

Room Tip: Ask for Marina view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that our staff made you and your westie feel welcomed during your visit. I am also happy that you enjoyed all New Bern has to offer and I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Clemmons, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Good room, great staff,process of remodeling pool clean and well looked after. Easy parking,close to convention center . Easy walking to historical district Good walking along water way. Great food and snacks

Room Tip: All being remodeled, all see water
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know you enjoyed your visit with us and that our staff made you feel welcomed. I will also make sure our Executive Chef is aware that you enjoyed the food. Thank you and have a great day!
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Location of facility is excellent but our room was awful. Ground floor parking lot view. Like a cave. Noise at all hours outside the room. But the housekeeping staff was excellent. Will never stay there again because of room location and lack of concern by staff.

1 Thank O892IHgeorgec
Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize that your view was a city view and being on the ground floor was facing the parking lot. I hope you will give us another chance to improve your opinion and I would personally like you to contact me and I can assure you a room with a beautiful view overlooking the marina and rivers. Thank you and have a great day!

Travelers are raving about these New Bern hotels

NYC
Reviewed June 15, 2014

While we overlooked the water and pool, which was lovely, there was a DJ playing until 10:30 on Friday night. We called and complained, and were told that they would go inside at 10:30, and the noise would be gone. Not quite. They came inside, but were now right under our room. When we called again, we were told the music would end at 12:30. It did, but a pleasant night was ruined.

2 Thank NycCjo
Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize about the deck party noise you experienced and have informed our General Manager and our Front Office Manager to please make sure that guests are made aware of the activities on Friday night and seeing if they would prefer a room in our Inn building which is out of ear shot of the music. Thank you again and have a great day!
North Conway
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Walking across the street puts you in downtown New Bern. Despite a bit of a view of the distant freeway get a room with a river view. The room was huge, had a good view and the bed heavenly comfortable. I cannot say enough for the friendly and welcoming attitude of all the staff from the receptionists when we checked in to the housekeeping dept. The grounds needed a bit of work in terms of gardening but it appears they were working on that aspect.
Many of the attractions are within walking distance as well as good eating establishments.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know you enjoyed your visit and our staff made you feel welcomed while you were here. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a great day!
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Excellent room, spacious, quiet, nice view of water and boats and superior bed linens and pillows. Those are the pluses. On the minus side, the front desk check in person had no assistance when I checked in on a busy Friday night, and I had to wait a LONG time for her to deal with callers, help guests and finally check me in after an arduous travel day. Hotel 'improvements' or construction meant no workout room and a bad chemical smell in the hallway near my room. A modest Room service lunch of $8.75 cost me 16 bucks, when they added in room delivery fee, taxes, a 'small print' gratuity plus my cash tip at the door. Too pricey and a bit awkward when the meal was delivered.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank carolc556
Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize for the issues you faced during the check in process and have made our General Manager and our Front Office Manger aware of this so that staffing on busy nights is of the upmost importance. I have also made our General Manager and our Food & Beverage Director aware of your concerns regarding room service charges. Thank you and have a great day!
Charlotte nc, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stay was OK we will book again. HVAC was noisy and we encountered under staffing in the restaurant along with dirty coffee cups and silverware. We must say that the Hotel was going thru a renovation, we will be back.

1 Thank William C