“Stay at Double Tree New Bern NC”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Etowah NC, United States
“Stay at Double Tree New Bern NC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Fabulous location. easy access to downtown New Bern NC with lots of restaurants and shops all within walking distance. I asked for a ground floor due to medical condition but wasn't told that I would have to walk to get coffee in the morning. Door didn't close properly but overall experience was very good!

1 Thank Ricky J
DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am sorry our front desk agent didn't inform you that the only first floor rooms that we have is in our Inn building, I will make sure I let them all know to give guests information before actually assigning the room, it is helpful information. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

I was referred to this hotel by one of my colleagues. I found my stay relaxing even though I was in the area on Business. It was clean, gorgeous view of the water, food and staff were excellent. I am planning on bringing our family here for a few days for vacation. Beautiful area.

1 Thank burnetab
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy we were able to Create A Rewarding Experience for you during your visit and we look forward to having you come back with your family. If you would like to contact me directly, please make sure to do so and I can make sure it is an equally wonderful experience for your family. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

The front desk clerk was rude!! My room was not ready on time. Room was so so!! The bathtub paint was peeling. Carpet was wet. Be careful to double check your rate. They will try to overcharge you!!!!!! Very, very, poor experience.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Sandycgregory
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and apologize for the issues you faced during your stay and I can assure you these are not the standards we strive to achieve. We have just begun the second phase of our renovations and they do include the bathtubs in each and every guest room. I have also addressed the front desk agent with the General Manager and our Front Office Manager so we can make sure this does not happen again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Travelers are raving about these New Bern hotels

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Very nice hotel located in the town of New Bern. My company booked this hotel for me and I was a little hesitant staying in the sticks of North Carolina. However, upon arriving at the hotel, my impression was quickly changed. Every staff member was great and the people of the town are amazingly friendly!

1 Thank A D
DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know you enjoyed your visit with us and that our staff made you feel welcomed during your stay. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Have a great day!
New Bern, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Excellent hotel overlooking a marina in historic New Bern. The facility was in great shape but what really stood out was the staff, they were exceptional. The beds were really comfortable, best sleep I have had in a long time. The breakfast was top notch. We spent two nights there. Overall a very pleasant visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Robert M
Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your visit. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a great day!
New Bern, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had a waterfront view and it was a fabulous stay. The only regret is that we only had one night. Room service was a little late, but fortunately we ordered it to come early enough that even with that, it didn't mess up our schedule. We loved the warm cookie at check-in ...and did I mention the view? Check-in and out was easy, but I wasn't quite sure when I was actually supposed to check-out. Would have been nice if it'd been posted in the room or someone had told me on check-in. But I think we got out in time because check-out was easy, too. Also, I couldn't really get the wireless on my phone, but I wasn't too concerned about that either.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Megan B
Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and I am happy to know you enjoyed your visit. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a great day!
Norfolk, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

This hotel welcomes you with open arms and makes you feel as though you are part of the family. Upon arrival, they welcome you with warm cookies, have fresh fruit for your enjoyment and make you aware of what the hotel offers. The housekeeping crew is fantastic as well and are genuine in their conversation to make you feel at home.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Lisa E
Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that our staff made you feel welcomed during your visit. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Have a wonderful day!