“Very Helpful”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, though they didn't offer us a cookie. We had to ask for it later. Very convenient to area attractions and the view from the balcony was spectacular. The room was very clean and quiet. We did not have a single problem/complaint about this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your stay and I am so happy to know that our staff made you feel welcomed during your visit. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Have a wonderful day!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I visited the Doubletree hotel in New Bern, NC. The staff was friendly and check out and in was fast. Most of the time hotel beds are too soft, but this bed was very comfortable. I had a great view of the harbor. Room was clean. I would definitely stay again.

Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your visit to our property and for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy to know that our staff made you feel welcomed during your stay and I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

A Real Blackbeard “The Real Pirate Experience” Guests Need the Treasure Map to the haunted / vacant building and your gruesome rooms. I stayed in The Double Tree building which is adjacent to the full service owned by Double Tree. I booked the room directly with the front desk assistants to get the choice room with amenities. Once checked in at the main Double Tree Hotel building, I got my warm cookie and 2 room keys. In the pouring rain with no jacket or ball cap or umbrella, I walked and walked outdoors couldn’t find MY hotel building. I came back to my car soaking wet, to go hunting to find it by staying dryer and warmer. I stayed in The Double Tree building which is adjacent to the full service owned by Double Tree. After Checking In; At the front desk in your full service hotel; I got no directions where my building room was, somewhere past the breezeway except a motion by someone’s arms, She gestured over her right shoulder and back. What breezeway, where is the infamous “The Breezeway”? I never found it. Prior to asking for directions, I drove more than 3 times around the Double Tree main building and New Bern’s Convention Center until I met a man blowing debris in the sidewalk. “’I’m” Looking for my building and room 265. There is no signage on the building I was assigned to a riverfront room. No desk personnel to greet you, offering none of the amenities the big building offered. • No coffee, no tea, no water, no and complimentary fruits. • No morning paper, • No luggage Cart to bring in luggage to the room No security and such as most hotels have the customer swipe your room key for front entrance. The doors automatically swing to open even as late at 1am. NO SECURITY to verify if you belong there, No to go bag for breakfast. No luggage carts, no front people to greet you at the hotel ., no front desk check in, no coffee, no fruit no one to direct you your room, no computer business suite, no printer… The room was tired issues not acceptable. The room was missing furniture, I’m not talking about a folding side chair, and I mean a major upholstered side chair. Called the front & their excuse is “Not all rooms have enough furniture because the hotel is in the middle of a hotel renovation.” The furniture specifically, the desk with a desk chair, noticeably over a period of time it had scraped down to the base of unstained pressed wood and fiberboard. It needs to be replaced. The clear plastic cover for the touch phone was cracked and filthy and misaligned. No microwave; I asked for one and they said in the office “We don’t have enough microwaves to go around”. But 6 hours later maintenance brought a used one [obviously from somebody’s office]. The sink lavatory was obviously cracked and broken and leaked. The bathtubs’ permanent micro slip mat was dirty and needs the mat replaced. The TV was rather small. It got very fuzzy poor satellite reception? The hotel TV programming offered no options i.e.,. on the pay for movies like all the Hampton Inns

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 334acefrehley

Good Afternoon

I wanted to apologize for the experience you had while staying with us. I can assure you we have just finished the first phase of our renovations and are just about to begin our second phase which will include the furnishings in the guest rooms and the bathtubs. Again, I do apologize for the unfortunate experience you had. Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Room and location were great, but the luncheon and banquet meals were sub-par. Lunch sandwich bread was stale. Even cocktale hour (for 200) had one bar-tender. Chicken was dry and fish selection was both tasteless and over cooked.

1  Thank Ben V

Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review the property and I can assure you I will bring your banquet experience to the attention of our General Manager, Executive Chef, Banquet Chef and our Director of Sales so that these issues can be addressed, it is certainly not the standards we strive to achieve. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a business conference/couples trip. The location is great! Walking distance of downtown, restaurants, and attractions. We were on the top floor with a corner suite and great views of the harbor. The furnishings were a bit outdated and the room/bathroom needed updating, but they are in the middle of a remodel so they may just not have gotten to our room yet. Very clean and friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for staying at our property and I am so happy to know the staff made you feel welcomed during your visit. We have just completed the first phase of our renovations and we are just about to begin the second phase which will include the furnishings in the guest rooms as well as the bathtubs. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

very friend, beautiful water front view. Walking distance to nice shops and restaurants. Nice restaurant at the hotel and nice lounge with live entertainment on some nights. Rooms overlook boat docks and very quiet at night so good sound sleep. Nice deck to watch the sunsets with a nice glass of wine in your hand.

Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for staying at our property and I am so happy to know you enjoyed your visit with us. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We spent last week end at this hotel in New Bern. Location is perfect for looking out over the yacht basin, walking to the village, going to restaurants and Bars. The hotel was clean, bedrooms quiet, and the staff were very pleasant and accomadating. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for staying at our property and I am so happy you enjoyed your weekend visit with us. I am also happy to know that our staff made you feel welcomed during your stay and I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Have a wonderful day!