DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
New Bern, United States
“Beware”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is a very old property that needs much work. There were spiders on the wall upon entry to our room, dirty balcony. Change rooms, but the room we switched to seemed as if it was previously occupied that day...pillows not fluffy and towels were poorly presented. Changed rooms again...bedside lamps didn't work around 11:00pm loud party below us. Terrible experience. This was my second try...Never again. First try heating unit sounded extremely loud attendant could hear it through the phone. Stay away!!

2 Thank Tanika F
DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize for the myriad of issues you faced during your stay and have brought them to the attention of our General Manager, Chief of Engineering and our Director of Housekeeping so they can be addressed immediately. I do see that our front desk staff did comp your stay so I am happy about that. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
New Bern, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The hotel has some nice features but it's past due for renovations. The room was comfortable but could have been cleaner. The staff was friendly and helpful though and there was a nice view of the water.

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize that your was not up to standard and have brought this to the attention of our General Manager and Director of Housekeeping so that we can address this immediately as they are not the standards we pride ourselves on. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Hotel is clean, bathrooms are clean, beds are AMAZING (as always with the Hilton brand), and the hotel is in an awesome location. Wasn't overly impressed with the breakfast buffet (didn't like the bacon and the biscuits and gravy were horrible). We had trouble with the heat in our room when we arrived, but the staff was wonderful and had it fixed within minutes. Check-in staff was very helpful and welcoming. Restaurant staff was also helpful and welcoming.

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am happy to know that our staff made you feel welcomed during your visit. I do apologize about the breakfast and have spoken to our Executive Chef about this and it is being looked into immediately. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Lovely hotel that is adjacent to beautiful new Convention Center, marina and great walkable downtown. Staff was extremely helpful. Just a little thing, but why no newspaper delivered to door in morning, and why was cable and internet service so slow?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am happy to know that our staff made you feel welcomed during your visit. I apologize that we no longer deliver the newspaper and that is part of the DoubleTree family effort to save trees. I have brought the issue of the slow internet and the TV to the attention of our General Manager and our Chief of Engineering so it can be addressed. Thank you and have a great day!
Raleigh
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This property seems to have gone downhill. It is very tired, outdated and lacks maintenance. I understand that this Doubletree will be undergoing renovations but I really don't know how much of a facelift it will give this place. Rooms are small, basic and very plain. This brand of hotels usually has high standards but this one falls short.

One positive I would like to note is that their breakfast buffet and service was great! I needed to hit the road early and they were very hospitable to me as I rushed into the restaurant to get a quick bite and coffee. Thanks for the great service!

2 Thank schaf1283
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am happy to know that our restaurant was able to make you feel welcomed during your visit. I do apologize about our property condition and we are so happy that the first phase of our renovations are just about complete. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Have a wonderful day!

Travelers are raving about these New Bern hotels

United States
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Some furniture items were missing from room, i.e., ,couch, table and a lamp. Shower draining was slow, causing 1 inch of water to stand in tub before completing shower. People working front desk and lobby area were very professional. They were courteous and fulfilled every request asked of them. House cleaning did an excellent job. When the complaint about the backing up bathtub/shower, she did everything possible to correct the situation. She corrected the slowed drainage, but it did back up the during next shower. upon entering the room I noticed only one arm chair and a desk chair. shortly after checking into the room, one of the maintenance crew members exchanged the old desk chair with a new one. I discussed with the maintenance man there was only one chair in the room. We also discussed there was only one table lamp in the room. It was on the end table next to the right side of bed. He said he would speak with his supervisor and deliver the lamp on her order. The reading lamp never did arrive.

2 Thank Thomas W
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am happy to know that our front desk staff and housekeeping department made you feel welcomed during your visit. I do apologize for the issues you faced with the slow draining of your tub and the lamp. I have brought this to the attention of our General Manager and Chief of Engineering so it can be addressed. Thank you and have a great day!
Leland, North Carolina
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Carol and I stayed here one night - Thursday 2/6/14 while attending a convention at the New Bern Convention center.

The desk service was very good - our room was ready and clean. Never did get our TV to work. Had warm chocolate chip cookies available at check-out.

Had sign posted on their front glass door - "excuse our renovation while we upgrade our facility"

I agree - it needs to be upgrades.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the elevator