“Can't say enough nice things”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Boston, United States
“Can't say enough nice things”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Everyone here was incredibly kind and welcoming. Great amenities, quick room service, perfect location for a vacation or a business trip at the conference center next door. Can't say enough nice things about the hotel and the beautiful town of New Bern!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and to New Bern. I am also very happy that our staff made you feel welcomed during your stay. i hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I previously stayed at this hotel and was happy to return. Unfortunately this visit was a bit of a disappointment. This hotel is probably the preferred hotel in New Bern but is showing the wear and tear. The hotel is currently undergoing renovation which I knew when I made the reservation. While I expected some inconvenience I was surprised at the extent of the deficiencies and how much work remained. The first room offered still had missing pieces of furniture and roaches in the bathroom. The next room offered was also work in progress and had construction debris in the tub. After a lengthly delay I finally ended up in the main building in a reasonably comfortable room. That said, the porcelain tub was chipped and the closet door would not stay attached. There were many other examples around the hotel of work still to be done. I may go back but will wait awhile to give the hotel a chance to complete the lengthly list of repairs and upgrades. The staff was understanding but seemed limited in their ability to offer alternative accomodations and only offered a couple of drink tickets in compensation for the inconvenience and lengthy delay in getting into another room. Location is nice, right on the river, and convenient to downtown. It is unfortunate to see a nice hotel like this begin to deteriorate when you know how nice it could be.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Phil1003
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize for the myriad of issues you faced during your visit and have brought them to the attention of our General Manager, Chief of Engineering and our Director of Housekeeping. We are excited about our well needed renovations and I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us when completed. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Southport, NC
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Apparently, this hotel was in the midst of major renovations - unfortunately, we had a room which needed major work. No microwave, no refrigerator, toilet leaked, bedside lamp broken. Service was very good, food was very good for dinner, but cold for buffet.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

2 Thank margeaton
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize that your room was not in good repair at the time of your visit. I have brought this to the attention of our General Manager and our Chief of Engineering so that we can have these issues addressed immediately. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Travelers are raving about these New Bern hotels

New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Definitely not what we expected for the price we paid. It was supposed to be the nicest room/suite that they had to offer. If that is the case I feel sorry for the other members who stay here. Very dirty and TV didn't even work for a period of time. Stay away!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank robert f
Diane T, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your stay in October and for taking the time to now review the property. I'm sorry that your room was not to your liking and the TV had issues. I have brought these matters to the attention of our General Manager, Chief of Engineering and our Director of Housekeeping so that we can address these items immediately. We have just finished the first phase of our renovations and carpeting has been done in our guest rooms and the hallways, guest rooms had some furnishing replaced and our lounde and restaurant have been redone. I hope you have the opoortunity to come back and enjoy our updates. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Garysburg, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great experience, no complaints at all. Really enjoyed the bed. The bed covers were excellent, soft and warm and cuddle well. The bathroom was clean and fitting for my stay. I only stayed one night, but enjoyed it, I plan to return this summer with family

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that we were able to Create A Rewarding Experience for you and we look forward to having you come back with your family. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Richlands, United States
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Even during a remodel of the hotel, the staff and facilities were great. The location next to the harbor provides a great view. With everything in walking distance this old town feel will accomadate all your shopping needs.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us and all that New Bern has to offer. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a great day!
New York
Reviewed January 23, 2014

If you want a lovely waterfront location in the historic district this hotel has it. Although a bellman and an evening maintenance man were cheerful, the rest of the staff was lacklustre in attitude and did not fulfill the pledge of Doubletree to make the guests feel welcome and at home. Nary a smile to be seen, heating noisy, tv didn't work in first room Need more attentiveness to detail.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank monasterytraveler
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am very sorry for the issues you faced with your room regarding the TV and the heat. I have brought this to the attention of our General Manager and our Chief of Engineering so they can be addressed immediately. I have also spoken to each of our department heads regarding staff and how each and every member of our team needs to ensure that our guests are being made to feel welcomed throughout their stay. Thank you and have a wonderful day!