“Clean and comfortable”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Check-in was smooth & offered us delicious warm cookies, too. Our room was in a separate building, and must have been part of the newly renovated part of the hotel, because they were bringing in new furniture as we parked. The room was clean & unlike other reviews below - we had hot water! :) The bath tub looked awful, but it was still functioning. The view from our room was NOT a river-view; & shouldn't be categorized that way. We had a view of the roof and trees. Overall, we were only there to sleep, it was clean and comfortable and that's all that counts!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize for the condition of your bathtub and please know that the bathtub reglazing is high on our renovation priority list. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again in the future when all of our renovations are complete. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,214)

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Spent two nights there, location is great walking distance to farmers market on saturday and historic districts.. The rooms are nice, currently undergoing renovation, will be very nice when finished . Price of rooms run 118 to 159 night.. Great choice of breakfast with tremendous buffett choice under 11 bucks.. Service was wonderful.. Ask for no smoking and or no pet room..
can't wait to go back!

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy you enjoyed your visit with us and to New Bern. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again in the future. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The hotel was nice. Room was nice. Restaurant was nice. The cookies were awesome. Our suite was detached from the main building which was a little inconvenient. The ice machine and vending machines were on a separate floor (only one of the two ice machines worked). The shower stall and tub didn't look clean.

1  Thank Jonathan T

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize for the condition of your tub and please know that the reglazing of our tubs are high on our renovation priority list. If we have the pleasure of you staying with us again, please feel free to request a room in our main tower. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We ended up in the Marina house. We had paid a little extra for a view, but being on the second floor didn't provide much view of the bay. Other than that, it was a good, comfortable place to stay. It was clean and amenities were adequate. The restaurant was good and not as pricey as some hotel restaurants. The staff was very friendly.

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and I hope we have the pleasure of you staying again in the future. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The DoubleTree was chosen mostly due to its location on the waterfront. We were quite pleased to find the staff professional and very friendly and the facilities very good quality. We did notice a very minor amount of weathering on some of the waterfront wood trim but this did not detract from the experience. The location is almost ideal with easy walk to downtown restaurants and attractions. it also has a large marina which adds to the waterfront ambiance. The room was very large with good quality furnishings and amenities. Even though New Year's Eve was part of our stay, there were no problems with noise.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and I hope we have the pleasure of you staying again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Our family booked two separate rooms on 12/29 and we all thought our rooms were relaxing, clean and reasonably sized. Not large, but decent. I think they must have just taken over a conference center that is right next door, which I don't think they've figured out what to do with yet! There is a little room off the lobby with the fountain that is just junk....random games and some storage items. There are other small, odd lobby rooms that don't seem to be of much use and, honestly, the grounds crew were noisy and in the way. They just walked in front of you and continued to blow leaves even as you were walking through them. Their jobs are important, but it's just as important for them to be less noticeable. The main hotel lobby was clean, attractive and well-staffed with pleasant people. Did I mention the warm chocolate chip cookies?!

Room Tip: I would suggest the main hotel vs. the conference center next door, at least until they renno the co...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize you were not happy with the Inn building where we began our renovations, all of which are done for now. The room you are refering to in the Inn is actually a small lounge for the marina guests to use. I have also brought up the issue with the grounds people and them not being considerate to our guests. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again in the future and please feel free to request a room in the main tower. Thank you and have a great day!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Loved the corner room but it needed some work. Two of the posts of the 4 posted bed had been cut off. The light fixture in the bathroom was falling out of the ceiling and the shower had mold on the tile on the floor. There was a wedding in the lobby of our building preventing us from using the elevator without walking through the middle of it. This is one of my favorite hotels to stay at and I would have appreciated it if the staff would have warned us of the renovations and wedding.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize for the issues you faced with your room and also the wedding party and renovations. I hope we have another opportunity to have you stay with us again and be able to Create A Rewarding Experience for you once our renovations are done. Thank you and have a great day!