“Quality stay very good location”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Raymond, United States
“Quality stay very good location”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The DoubleTree was chosen mostly due to its location on the waterfront. We were quite pleased to find the staff professional and very friendly and the facilities very good quality. We did notice a very minor amount of weathering on some of the waterfront wood trim but this did not detract from the experience. The location is almost ideal with easy walk to downtown restaurants and attractions. it also has a large marina which adds to the waterfront ambiance. The room was very large with good quality furnishings and amenities. Even though New Year's Eve was part of our stay, there were no problems with noise.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and I hope we have the pleasure of you staying again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Our family booked two separate rooms on 12/29 and we all thought our rooms were relaxing, clean and reasonably sized. Not large, but decent. I think they must have just taken over a conference center that is right next door, which I don't think they've figured out what to do with yet! There is a little room off the lobby with the fountain that is just junk....random games and some storage items. There are other small, odd lobby rooms that don't seem to be of much use and, honestly, the grounds crew were noisy and in the way. They just walked in front of you and continued to blow leaves even as you were walking through them. Their jobs are important, but it's just as important for them to be less noticeable. The main hotel lobby was clean, attractive and well-staffed with pleasant people. Did I mention the warm chocolate chip cookies?!

Room Tip: I would suggest the main hotel vs. the conference center next door, at least until they renno the co...
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize you were not happy with the Inn building where we began our renovations, all of which are done for now. The room you are refering to in the Inn is actually a small lounge for the marina guests to use. I have also brought up the issue with the grounds people and them not being considerate to our guests. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again in the future and please feel free to request a room in the main tower. Thank you and have a great day!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Loved the corner room but it needed some work. Two of the posts of the 4 posted bed had been cut off. The light fixture in the bathroom was falling out of the ceiling and the shower had mold on the tile on the floor. There was a wedding in the lobby of our building preventing us from using the elevator without walking through the middle of it. This is one of my favorite hotels to stay at and I would have appreciated it if the staff would have warned us of the renovations and wedding.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize for the issues you faced with your room and also the wedding party and renovations. I hope we have another opportunity to have you stay with us again and be able to Create A Rewarding Experience for you once our renovations are done. Thank you and have a great day!
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The staff was very helpful during our stay here. We had a quick check in and a nice clean room waiting for us. The building is indicative of the old world charm of historic New Bern. The hotel was quiet and a charming throughout. I had the buffet breakfast and it was delicious. The buffet station was not messy and everything was in order.

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know you enjoyed your visit with us and also enjoyed our breakfast buffet. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a great day!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The room was fantastic ... spacious and clean. It was just what we needed for a week-long visit with family during the Christmas holiday! We had dogs and the grounds were perfect for them. The staff was very accommodating and friendly despite having to work over the holidays.

Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff made you feel welcomed. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again in the future. Thank you and have a great day!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This Doubletree is located in a perfect location on the harbor in the historic small city of New Bern, NC. It was easy to walk through the city and visit the historic landmarks from this location. The view of the harbor from my room , 455 on the "inn" side, was good. There are two buildings in this complex and I was put on the "inn side." The room itself was nice and there was one ceiling light not working above the chair near the bed. The carpet was new so it took a little push to open the door since it has not been matted down by use. The hot water took a long time to get to the bathroom faucet and shower. The cleaning staff did a good job with their daily upkeep of the room.
Sometime during the first night the room heater must of died and I woke up to a 59 degree room around 5:30 AM. I increased the temp on the thermostat but it just kept blowing out cold air. Needless to say this was too uncomfortable to stay in so after shower etc I went down to the next building to the desk and reported it. The desk clerk sympathized especially after I showed her a picture of the thermostat that read 59 degrees! She gave me a key for another room on that floor but when I went into that room, 452, the temp was 52 degrees and the heat was off! Obviously they try to save money by turning off the heat in rooms instead of turning them down to like 60 degrees or so like I do at my house when away. This may be part of the problem. I went back to the desk and told the clerk that I wanted someone to fix the heat in my original room as I refuse to move to an even colder one. I decided to move up my fishing trip and came back a little after noon to find that the heat was fixed. I was told that it took the repairman about an hour to fix. In short good hotel but poor maintenance and/or management policies hamper its success.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Jjmat49022
Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apolgize for the issues you faced with the heat in your room and can understand your frustration. Getting out of a shower in 59 degrees is not pleasant. We did have an issue in the Inn building and our Chief of Engineering was able to repair it. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again in the future. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Travelers are raving about these New Bern hotels

Cape Carteret, United States
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I go here for Christmas Eve to just get away. The staff is incredible and we always enjoy ourselves. It is a great place to unwind, relax and enjoy ourselves. It is in a great location and has incredible views.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Good Afternoon

I wanted to thank you for your most recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that you enjoy your visits to us and New Bern. We look forward to having you back again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!