“location,location,location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
calabash nc
“location,location,location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel is on the marina in the lovely town of New Bern NC on the Neuse River. Shops and wonderful restaurants are within walking distance. The hotel itself has a wonderful open lobby, and warm cookies to greet you. We were a golf group of 24 and the staff outdid themselves in accommodating our every request. You can join Hilton Honors at check in (no charge) which entitles you to 2 drinks and appetizers in their bar which has a great view of the marina. Best Cosmo I ever had! We were on a golf package which entitled us to a full breakfast off the menu or a buffet. The food was excellent as well as the service. Our rooms overlooked the marina and the bed and pillows were quite comfortable. Several golf courses in the area were only 15 minutes away. The hotel is in the process of renovating the guest rooms and carpets, which are showing their age. Can't wait to go back next year to see the result!

Room Tip: request marina side, king suites have a balcony and large sitting room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy that while on your golf trip you enjoyed your stay and all the town has to offer. We look forward to having you back next year to see our renovations completed. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
phil
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

The room was not clean when we arrived, however, we did not notice the pretzel on the floor until the next day. I went to pick it up and ants immediately surrounded my hand. It looked like the rug was moving there were so many ants. Then after my shower we found a cockroach in the bathroom. The hotel was nice and refunded one nights stay of the two, however, the ant bites on my hands and toes still itch a week later. My thumb was oozing from all the bites.

3 Thank Kathy L
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize for the issue you faced with the ants in your room and a bagel being left behind. I have brought this to the attention of our General Manager, Chief of Engineering and our Director of Housekeeping so this can be addressed immediately. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!
Macclesfield, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Friendly service, clean rooms, satisfactory bathroom ammenities. But best of all is the location. It is on the waterfront within walking distance to a beautiful waterfront park and exquistive dining and shopping sites. Worth the stay!!!

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your visit to New Bern and with us. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Lawrence, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were put in a room at the "Inn" part of this hotel. The carpet and bathroom shower all need replacing. Traveling with a toddler, I was concerned with the cleanliness of both of these. The carpet was old and poorly installed with visible raw edges and the shower area had wall paper that was coming loose. The tile was stained and dated. The room had a musty smell. We could hear everything going on outside in the lobby area. Not at all what I expected for $100+ dollars a night. We needed a refrigerator and had to ask for one. It was brought promptly.The property itself was a great location and the room size was good too. I have stayed at much cleaner hotels for less $$ that offer free breakfast and refrigerators standard. Will stay at a different hotel when in town again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank travelingparent2013
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize for the issues you faced during your visit and can understand your concern. I am happy to report that we are just about to begin our renovations and high on our priority list are our guest room updates and the carpeting throughout the hotel. At the moment refrigerators are not standard for all rooms, but we are hoping that will be changing once we are done with renovations. I do hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again once they are completed so we can make sure you have the experience we want our guests to have. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Travelers are raving about these New Bern hotels

Charlotte, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

The New Bern Double Tree provides a comfortable and relaxing environment. The location of the hotel on the water is beautiful. I highly suggest breakfast and a relaxing walk through the lovely town of New Bern.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy that you enjoyed your visit with us and all New Bern has to offer, we are lucky to be such a big part of it. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Boydton, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

We love the DoubleTree in New Bern for so many reasons ... the main one being that they provide quality accommodations for people that travel with their dogs. It is great that more hotels are making rooms available to people that travel with their pet-family and this particular property is one of the BEST !! There is a nice park next to the DoubleTree for walking and the merchant's in Town welcome dogs to come in and "browse" too. We love when we find a town and hotel that makes us all feel so welcome. We are repeat guests here and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. PLEASE continue to offer rooms that are pet-friendly.

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy that we are able to accomodate you and your "furry" friend, we know how important they can be! I am so please that you love New Bern and all it has to offer, we are so thankful to be such a part of a great little town. We look forward to having you and yours back soon! Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Morrisville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I requested a microwave and received one in my room almost immediately. I cookie was delicious as always. The personnel were very friendly and helpful. The service and facilities were impeccable!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and will make sure I share your thoughts with all of our staff. We sincerely appreciate all your kind words. Thank you and have a wonderful day!