DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Raleigh, United States
“Hotel Hell”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Worst Hilton experience I've every had. Try the Marriot. Water views and clean. Coffee maker didn't work, room was very loud. Bad cooling and ice maker that could wake the dead. Pot holes in the parking lot could destroy your tires.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

4 Thank Denise H
DianeJSchmitt, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize for the issues you faced during your stay and have brought these items to the attention of our General Manager, Director of Housekeeping and our Chief of Engineering so we can address these immediately. I am happy to report that we are just getting ready to begin our renovations and our parking lot is one of our top priorities. I hope when we have them completed you will give us another opportunity to give you the stay you deserve. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Turin, Italy
Reviewed August 12, 2013

New Bern is a very nice place and this hotel is on the river front and the marina.
The girl at the check-in gave us a welcome with a warm cookie.
The room was in the Inn building; it was beautiful and clean.
The breakfast is not included, but there is a buffet service in the main building.
There is a pool, that is next to the outdoor loungebar, where you can listen to live music.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carla J
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy that you enjoyed the warm chocolate chip cookie with walnuts (they are divine) and your room and the deck! I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Oxford, England
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We chose this hotel as a birthday treat for me and took a room with a garden tub...our mistake being Brits that we thought that meant a hot tub outside not a grubby bath in a window! When I went to use it I had to clean it first , there were long black hairs in it and it wasn't tempting...
In the night I woke to find a nasty spider crawling on my shoulder, my worst nightmare and I ended up sleeping on the not so comfortable sofa bed in the other room with my 14 yr old daughter!
Lifting up the blinds of the window in the morning it was really dirty...cobwebs and dead flies on the sill...on the inside. I'm not fussy and rarely review but this was disappointing despite the cookie on arrival. Plus side it was quiet and good location but view not amazing as led to believe and the windows so dirty it wasn't easy to see!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize for the issues you faced during your stay and I can understand your disappointment, especially on such a joyous occasion. I have brought your issues to the attention of our General Manager, Chief of Engineering and our Director of Housekeeping so that these items can be addressed immediately. This is not the standard we strive for and appreciate the time you took to inform us. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!
Lillington, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great location and a big, clean room. Parts of the hotel are showing their age (hallways, pool), but the staff is great and it is on the water, right downtown in walking distance to a lot of great stuff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Chris H
DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am happy to know that our staff was able to Create A Rewarding Experience for you and that you enjoyed your room. We are just about to start our renovations and high on our priority list is the carpeting throughout the hotel and our guest room updates. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Fayetteville, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We so enjoyed our first visit with you guys. Everything and everyone was so friendly, helpful and first class. Everyone needs to go and enjoy southern charm, class and hospitality. The location is so beautiful on the River. You will enjoy the hotel and it's amenities and might be tempted to stay put. Do your self a favor and venture out the front door and enjoy strolling the streets filled with history, restaurants and shops.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to review the property. I am so happy that our staff was able to Create A Rewarding Experience for you during your visit. I have shared your review with our General Manager and our department heads so that they too can thank our staff for ensuring our guests have a pleasant trip. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Durham, NC
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Love the location and the view! Nothing beats waking up to sunrise over the water, but as others have remarked, this place needs some improvements. The rooms are nice enough, but the hallway carpets are in serious need of replacement. We were awaken after midnight by a drunken wedding party yelling, screaming, hootin and hollering. It went on for awhile but complaints from the sleeping patrons finally sent someone out to disperse the crowd. Especially ridiculous as the hotel was filled with parents and kids just wanting a good nights sleep before heading off to Seafarer or Seagull. In the morning, we were greeted by apple cores at the elevator. Lovely. Breakfast Buffett is $10, which sounds like a deal until you get there. No milk for the cereal, out of biscuits, out of bacon, out of sausage. We had all finished our meals, with the exception of our daughter who couldn't eat her cereal until she had milk, before we were able to flag down a waitress to bring us coffee and juice. The milk finally arrived - it had expired. Luckily she brought 2. The nice waitress felt so bad she comped our breakfast, so she gets a gold star. The saving grace of this place is its convenient location and the state employees discount - only time in 19 years I've gotten a discount :)

• Stayed July 2013
DianeJSchmitt, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Bern Riverfront, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your stay and for taking the time to review the property. I apologize on behalf of the DoubleTree by Hilton New Bern - Riverfront for the issues you faced during your visit and have brought them to the attention of our General Manager, Chief of Engineering, Executive Chef and our Food & Beverage Manager so that all of these items can be looked into immediately so they don't happen to any of our other guests again. I am happy to tell you that we are just about to begin our renovations and high on our priority list is the carpeting throughout the hotel and guest room updates. I will make sure that our security is also aware of making sure when we do have wedding parties in house that extra effort is put forth in making all of our guests stay peaceful. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. I had a very large suite that overlooked the Trent and Neuse River convergance and the marina below. I had a very large suite with an enormous bed that was so comfortable. The staff were very courteous and allowed me to check out two hours late on the day I was leaving. They were all very friendly the entire time. The complimentary breakfast was great. This hotel is in a great location to the water and to the historic downtown district. My only advice to the hotel would be to do some carpet replacements in the suites and in the hallways. I will stay here again because it was a great stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Good Afternoon

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to complete the review. I am so happy to know that we were able to Create A Rewarding Experience for you during your visit and that our staff made you feel welcomed. I am also happy to let you know that we are just about to begin our renovations and high on our priority list is the carpeting throughout the hotel. I hope we have the pleasure of you staying with us again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!