“Road triphose”

Bridgepointe Hotel and Marina
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Better breakfast to include eggs, sausage and grits. If possible, set up at least two more computer stations for guests. Ice machines work just fine, but its an inconvenience for those on the first floor, especially for those who are physically limited.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Mashake M
There are newer reviews for Bridgepointe Hotel and Marina

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Booked on hotwire. Never again. Saved a few bucks but not worth it. When I walked in the lobby smelled of air freshener. It was pleasant, but could definitely tell their were trying to cover up something. When I reached the fourth floor I found out what they were covering. The hallway smelled of stale cigarette smoke. It was a non- smoking floor. When I opened the door I was greeted by yet a third odor, a fusion of must and mold. The TVs are from the 20th century but that was bearable. Pillows were not at all supportive. The bed linens were pretty good but the bath linens were plush, soft and absorbent. The towels are the highlight of the hotel. Desk clerk was very pleasant.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Frugaltraveler27886
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

The staff is very nice always polite and helpful. The room was nice okay it did have a slight odor I was thinking a room closed up smell spray fabreeze all gone. The room was clean we had breakfast which was your standard breakfast. Close to downtown it was wonderful for me no noise really in your room what little we heard was gone within minutes. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank susan l
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We are in town for an event and decided to give this place a shot. We have been to the bar before and had a lot fun so why not? Plus it was cheaper than where we normally stay. Now I know why. Like my title says this place is "meh". The beds are cheap so steer clear if that might cause back problems for you. The shower just has a curtain and no liner. I really do not like that the ice machine is only on the 2nd and 4th floors. On the flip side, the staff is nice and the location is great. I would recommend it only based on price in comparison to other hotels in the area, and it's nice to have a dinky theme bar with live music right down the hall.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank kwhittles
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The original reason that I chose to stay at BridgePoint was the price...it's the least expensive hotel in New Bern, but I'm very happy that I chose it! The staff at the front desk are very pleasant and helpful, and the room itself was very comfortable and clean. The view of the bridge from my window was absolutely gorgeous, and sunrise put incredible color in the sky and water. I watched an osprey hunting over the river and different types of gulls and terns doing gull and tern things. My room had an older tv, but new 42 inch flat screens were being installed in the rooms on my hallway while I was there. Yes, the building is an older building with some of the furnishings being older, but they were nice. The solid pine furnishings were sturdy and attractive, and it was nice sitting on the couch and looking out at the gorgeous view.

I didn't use the pool that was directly under my window, but many people did, and if I'd brought a suit, I'd have joined them. It was well-maintained, and I saw a man cleaning it early one morning.

There's a duck/turtle pond on the property with a picnic table that makes for peaceful sitting. I didn't visit the marina, but it would certainly be convenient for someone with a boat or jetski.

Breakfast is typical continental style, with muffins, waffles, fresh fruit, cereal, bagels, English muffins, boiled eggs, and juices. I stayed in a non-smoking room, and it smelled fresh and clean, as did the hallways.

I have absolutely no complaints about BridgePoint, and only have compliments. Thank you, BridgePoint, for a lovely visit, and I'll be back!

Room Tip: The higher you go, the better the view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank oldcrowwv
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

I was in New Bern for a graduation and stayed at this hotel which is rated a 3 star hotel. This place is outdated and in desperate need of a renovation!!! As soon as you walk into the hotel it has a funny smell. In my opinion this is a 1 star hotel and they should really consider lowering the cost per room and the rating. The room appeared to be clean but the wallpaper in the bathrooms was peeling off. The tub was gross, I couldn't wait to leave that place. The tv is from the 90s as well as the linens and other furnishings the room had. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. If updated & deep cleaned this hotel would be perfect!

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I visit family every year and when we do I always stay here, breathtaking sunrise overlooking the ocean and bridge to downtown every morning from my window. A complementary breakfast with waffles and fresh fruit, not to mention they always have the best priced rooms in the area. I stay in non smoking rooms on the top floor and my room has been incredibly clean and tidy. Absolutely love the towel setup in the bath room, very cute. The staff has always been top notch and extremely helpful in recommending places to eat and visit. The steakhouse is located right next door and the bar in the hotel has live music and very friendly people on the weekends. This was not a flophouse, and i have never experienced any of the problems that other reviewers on TripAdvisor have claimed to have had. Keep up the good work Bridgepoint!!!! Keep doing what your doing and upgrade those tv's!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family