“Perfect spot for a reunion”

Bridgepointe Hotel and Marina
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in New Bern
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Perfect spot for a reunion”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My family was celebrating my grandson's graduation from East Carolina University, and I reserved five rooms at the BridgePointe for four nights. It was a delightful experience, and the hotel staff were wonderful and helpful. We stayed on the fourth floor (every room has a waterview!) and had a graduation party in two of the rooms (Katie and Mary even found a folding table that we could use for hors d'oeuvres!) Everything worked perfectly--A/C, shower, lamps, etc. The continental breakfast was adequate--nothing exciting except perhaps for the waffle iron.

The hotel is easy walking distance (across the bridge) to downtown New Bern, which was convenient and fun. All in all a fabulous experience.

Room Tip: Since there is a karaoke bar, we chose to stay on the top (fourth) floor. The rooms were very quiet...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Dinah428

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed two nights here, and although the view from my room was beautiful, I couldn't help but notice how compared to most hotels I have stayed in recently, this hotel was in need of a serious makeover. I have stayed in hotels that I paid less than what I paid for this room ,and they at least had a flat screen tv in the room.The beds weren't that comfortable and the pillows were a ridiculous size, way too small. The continental breakfast was better than some at other hotels. Just make sure you get up early to beat the breakfast crowd. The location is very convenient( within walking distance) to Tryon Palace and the Fireman's Museum.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Boomchicaboomboom
Arizona
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Just over the bridge from historic New Bern. Large room, very clean. Nice people on desk. Avoid New Bern traffic if there's a festival going on and stay across the river. Planned to stay one night but we stayed two because there is so much to see in New Bern. Reasonable rate. Good breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the marina
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Poodleparent
Greensboro, North Carolina, Usa
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed from Friday to Sunday with friends, in all we had three rooms. The WiFi only worked in the hallways and the lobby. Repeated complaints to the front desk was no help. This hotel allows pets. The room above mine must have had a large dog that was continuously it seemed jumping from bed to bed and from bed to floor making a lot of noise. Surprisingly this did not stop me from sleeping, however starting at 2AM I received two calls, I knew it was not anyone I knew because they would have called on my cell phone number.There was nobody there when I picked up the receiver. After the second call I phoned the front desk it rang for a while and then went to a dial tone. Several minutes later there was a knock on my room door which woke me up again and the night manager said there was loud noises coming from my room. I asked him if he heard any when I opened the door, no response there and I directed him to the room above where there was still loud jumping sounds. The next morning I went to the front desk to complain, that clerk brought out a log which is supposed to be filled out each time there is a complaint that the management gets. I was not surprised when the evening activities were not recorded.

Room Tip: If you must stay in this hotel get a room on the top floor!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these New Bern hotels

Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Bedding was the best on my trip. Furniture was new. TV was big and new. Continental breakfast was more than ample. Staff were friendly and eager to please. Place was immaculate. Price was low compared to others in New Bern.

Room Tip: Ask for Riverview.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bill F
Staley, North Carolina
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My husband and I spent the Easter weekend at this hotel and would recommend it to any traveler. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly and helpful young lady and fresh popped popcorn in the lobby, along with real good coffee. This is not a new hotel but it was clean, comfortable bed and a great view of the marina. We could sit and have their continental breakfast watching the boats come in and out. There were only 2 items that I did not like - the towels were really scratchy and there was not enough plugins. This is a pet friendly hotel but we did not smell any animal odors or hear any barking during our stay. The location was nice also, we were just a short distance from downtown New Bern which offered abundant shopping.

Room Tip: We asked for top floor, non smoking and they did accommodate us. There was smoking room at the end o...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank P L
East Hampton, New York
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Everything about this hotel was a pleasant surprise except breakfast. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Location was ideal, walking distance to historic downtown area. Fabulous views. Friendly staff offering things to do while staying here. Breakfast room was clean and supplied the average continental breakfast. There are many restaurants within walking distance for a full breakfast. Price was reasonable.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family