“Something For Everyone”

Morgan's Tavern & Grill
Ranked #1 of 170 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, American, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Morgan's, our philosophy is simple – Provide great service in a casual and comfortable atmosphere with quality ingredients.
“Something For Everyone”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I have eaten at Morgan's on a few occasions and have never been disappointed in a meal. If you like crab cakes, be sure to try theirs. There is NO breading, just lots of tasty lump crab meat. My family members have also been happy with their meal choices. My husband's steak was cooked to perfection. The staff there are all friendly and efficient. Although it is a large building, it is separated into several smaller areas, so eating there feels relatively private and not too noisy. Twice we have left there too full for dessert but have placed orders for some to be picked up later to enjoy in our B&B. Be sure to give it a try!

Visited July 2014

Arapahoe, North Carolina, United States
“Good Service”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is a local eatery for us and one of our favorites. The food is always good and there is a variety. They also change the menu according to seasons. The service is some of the best we have gotten and we have eaten in lots of places and towns. They work together as needed to keep the service top notch. I rarely drink, but they have a good wine list and the bar area is popular. I would say it really isn't for children and the prices are on the upper end.
My only complaint is that tourists have found one of my favorite places and it is packed all summer long. Good for them, bad because we don't have our quiet tavern to ourselves.

• Visited April 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
“Delicious crescent rolls”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came here for lunch by enthusiastic recommendation. My brother, a Marine currently serving in North Carolina, told us we had to try the chili and crescent rolls. The flavorful chili was a great choice and their crescent rolls with honey delicious! We each had a long island afterwards which were nicely made. Friendly and very social, our server and other staff members were a pleasure to talk to. The welcoming atmosphere is enhanced with the beautiful wooden beams and brick. The menu looked great, and if we ever go back to New Bern it would be a place to dine at again!

• Visited July 2014
NC
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We had reservations for a large group at lunch. The waitstaff handled our group with ease keeping tea glasses full and answering all of our questions. The shrimp and scallop mandarin salad was wonderful and I heard great reviews of the grilled romaine salad. The croissants drizzled in honey were a nice touch, but I could only sample a part of one because it was too sweet.

Visited July 2014
New Bern, North Carolina
“Lots of Choices”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My wife and I dined at Morgan's on July 22, 2014 for dinner. We have eaten lunch or dinner there at least a dozen times. The bar area is a fun place to wait for your table. The menu has a wide variety, so it is easy even for a picky eater to fun something tasty. The only negative we expereinced was that the place was packed due to a convention in town, and the service was a little on the slow side.

• Visited July 2014