“Morgan's Downtown New Bern”

Morgan's Tavern & Grill
Ranked #2 of 174 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Morgan's, our philosophy is simple – Provide great service in a casual and comfortable atmosphere with quality ingredients.
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Morgan's is one of my favorite "go to" places in downtown New Bern, NC. The food is great, the atmosphere is good, and the service is good (professional and efficient). It's spacious and has a nice quaint bar area you can relax in if there is a wait. I've been numerous times and it never disappoints. I almost always get the Lobster Bisque Soup and follow with one of their great salads or steak.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,403)

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We ate here kinda late last night, it was about nine when we arrived. We had a large party and we were still seated almost instantly. Our party ordered a large array of menu items and everyone said their order was delicious. I ordered the bacon bleu cheese burger and it was delicious.. Cooked perfectly to medium which is my favorite temp for burgers. I was a bit surprised it didn't come with veggies like lettuce, tomato, onion, but that's alright it was yummy. I got a side of onion rings with it and they were the best. Onion rings should not fall to pieces when you bite them. My husband got the molasses bourbon chops with mac and cheese and a side salad. Beautiful salad, juicy chops, but the mac and cheese was a little boring. Other than it taking way too long for my beer to arrive, it was an amazing meal. We all felt that the portions were great and the price was just right. Plus! Honey covered croissants! I would return here to eat anytime.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Great dinner, and service. Had the Shrimp and Scallop scampi and the Drunken Mussels. Both were excellent and more than enough to eat

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The food was really good. We just happen to stumble upon it. We had just rode to New Bern for the afternoon and looked up places to eat here on Trip Advisor( Never go wrong). We were all glad we did. Great prices and It is a great family atmosphere! The Croissants are sinfully good also :)

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

While visiting son who had day off as camp counselor, we wanted to give him a break from camp food. The night before's dinner left a lot to be desired (ribeye's), so my fingers were crossed. No wait (tried to have dinner here night before, but wait was an hour). Locally crafted beer, to die for lobster bisque, my son was in heaven with the hand crafted spinach-feta meatballs over marinara pasta, I had a great French dip sandwich, and hubby had the recommended grilled shrimp tacos with house special garlic mashed potatoes. We came away feeling very full and satisfied! Next time, when we come back in august to get my son, we will definitely return, and this time remember to make reservations in advance!