“I Couldn't Eat It All!”

Morgan's Tavern & Grill
Ranked #2 of 178 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At Morgan's, our philosophy is simple – Provide great service in a casual and comfortable atmosphere with quality ingredients.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

A really great place for a special night out. A very friendly and large staff who make sure you have an excellent dinning experience. Huge portions of fabulous tasting food. And did I mention all of this in a building erected in 1912.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,459)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I think this is the best restaurant in New Bern. The menu is varied and always good..the 'black and bleu' burger and sirloin is fantastic. Good salads and the best lobster bisque I've ever had (I moved down here from Maine). The croissants are dangerously good, and they'll keep bringing them. The bread pudding is award-worthy!!

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Our waitress was outstanding. (Destiny K)-says on ticket. Probably best waitress we have had in a long time if not the beads ever. Very friendly and knowledgable! The food was delicious. I had the BBQ Hawain chicken sandwich with onion rings. Not my favorite onion rings but my sandwich was delicious!!! My husband had Bear City Burger, he absolutely loved it!!! Especially the seasoned bacon on the sandwich. Also had a side salad with the peppercorn mustard dressing. Drinks were always refilled, plates removed when finished. Service was prompt, friendly and efficient. We also say outside; which was pleseant for an late afternoon in July. Only thing is not much of a view-I guess that could be my only complaint, although its not. We will definitley be back!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great burgers and salads. The kids loved the chicken tenders and fries. And the honey croissants were amazing.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was a nice place in the historic downtown area. Our server was cheerful and quick. There were four of us and each had a different dish and we all enjoyed what we ordered. The french fries was very good!