“plan to go again soon”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2009

Only been once but went with my husband for our anniversary dinner. I ordered fillet Mignon and it was perfect, the best Ive ever had. my husband ordered the lobster ravioli and did not enjoy it as much. it was a bit overpriced for the size and he had a hard time finding the lobster. make sure to get the house dressing and fondue dessert.

1  Thank hello123455
There are newer reviews for Jenn & Sami's Bella Cucina Restaurant

Reviewed December 21, 2008

I'm rating Pia's as "average" because I've had two very different dining experiences. My first visit was for lunch and was absolutely delicious. I was so impressed that I convinced my husband that we HAD to go for dinner. If it's that good for lunch, dinner must be better, right? What a disappointment. Everything on the menu sounded great but both of our entrees were very bland. My fish was undercooked in the center, and overcooked around the edges. We both felt that our server was a bit condescending towards us and was more interested in swapping travel stories with the couple seated next to us. I'm hesitant about returning.

Reviewed November 15, 2008

After a negative first dining experience at Pia's my wife and I decided to give it a second try. We ventured out to Pia's on a Wednesday at a little after 5:00 in November. Although our server was bubbly and very attentive she couldn't make up for the food which was, again, brought to the table less than hot. The flavor was fine but temperature was way below what it should have been. In addition my filet was ordered medium rare and brought rare. As we were the only patrons in the restaurant at the time I would have expected better. My wife and I agree this time was the last and we will not recommend it.

2  Thank GrampaRick
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Ate at Pia's on 8/15 was greated right away and accomadated with table choice of the few that were open.(seemed quite busy) our server beth was very attentive to all our needs and even recomended great wines to pair with many of the meals. we chose a new savignon blanc and was told it would go great even with red meats. was skeptical but felt that what we had seen so far from the server that she knew what she was talking about. WOW did she we had 2 bottles with our appetizers,salads and entrees she was right it complimented all of them wonderfully.i had the huge gentlemans ribeye and my wife had the swordfish special.we were surprised at how all of our courses came out at just the perfect time so we were not rushed but also were not waiting longer than we wanted to between courses. I could not believe how perfectly timed things were especially seeing that the restaurant was full. we ended our evening with a creme brulee and some of the best coffee new bern has to offer.also upon finishing our meals we got to meet the owner Pia and also talked to her chef john who seems very knowledgeable about the food,wine and even the area.(was a little surprised about the latter with him being from New York and only being in the area for a couple years or so) We will deffinately return many more times to the best kept secret new bern has to offer. PIA'S OF NEW BERN

1  Thank newjonbern
Reviewed April 15, 2008

My husband and I went to Pia's on a random Friday night and had an amazing experience. We were seated promptly and the waitstaff was top-notch. The menu provides an excellent array of choices and they had a number of specials. The wine list is quite complimentary and is only better because of the keen knowledge of the bartender. Although it may be slightly challenging to find for the out-of-towner, I would highly recommend this restaurant. Certainly for those who live in New Bern, this is not the restaurant to miss.

1  Thank J-of-NB