“Wonderful Stay at the Harmony House Inn”
Review of Harmony House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Bern
Harmony House Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 New Bern B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 30, 2006

The Harmony House Inn is a beautifully maintained and furnished bed and breakfast located in the most charming part of New Bern. I did not have th opportunity to eat breakfast because of my early daily departure, but my room and bathroom were perfect. The bedroom was spacious, well-furnished and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had a shower/bath combo (many B&Bs I stay at do not have a shower). There was also a television which helped keep my up-to-date while on business. The common areas such as the living room were elegantly furnished and complimentary port was available each night. The daily rate was less than the hotels in the area (which I usually stay at while on business in New Bern).

Stayed: September 2006
8  Thank KimReam

Reviewed September 22, 2006

My wife and I had a great stay at the Harmony House! This was our second time visiting this bed and breakfast (our first stay was such an outstanding experience that we just had to go back). Our room was great, the service was great and the people were extremely friendly. We met a very nice couple celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary and ended up spending the evening having dinner together and enjoying some of the sights. The Harmony House was responsible for bringing four strangers from different parts of the country together and allowing us to establish a lasting friendship. Thank you!
The location is perfect...within a very short walking distance to all the shops and restaurants in the Historic Distric of New Bern.
The Harmony House B&B will continue to be our "home away from home". We highly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank KAKW
Reviewed July 8, 2006

My husband and I spent one night at this B&B, and really enjoyed it. The innkeeper's father was taking care of things while the owners were vacationing, and only one other couple was staying there.

Ours was a mid-week stay. We were in Room #1, a large, queen-bedded, corner room on the first floor, and it was very pretty, decorated in blues and yellows. The adjoining bath was large. There were lots of big windows which gave the room an open, airy feeling, and there were two comfy chairs, as well as good reading light by the bed.

The front porch is simply wonderful, with swings and rockers, and we sat out there at night, drinking our port and sherry, as the evening breezes cooled things off. We hated to get up and go inside to bed! The location of the house is excellent, within walking distance to everything you'd need or want.

Allen, the innkeeper for our stay, was as helpful and kind as could be. There was wine and cheese put out in the early evening (good quality, very enjoyable), port and sherry for later in the evening. Allen prepared a good breakfast for us and the other couple the next morning ... a fresh fruit cup, superb Eggs Benedict, homemade coffee cake, orange juice and good coffee. There was a fridge with bottles of water and a variety of soft drinks for the taking, as well as plenty of ice.

Since our room was not rented for the following night, we were allowed to leave our belongings in the room, come back to use the bathroom, leave our car parked in their lot .... until we were ready to leave town in the late afternoon, rather than needing to clear out at eleven o'clock, the normal check-out. We appreciated this very much.

Overall, this is a great place to stay, good value .... we payed $109, AARP rate. I am looking forward to going back when Ed and Sookie are in residence simply because I've heard so much about them, although Allen was an excellent host in their absence.

We ate at Captain Ratty's for lunch (very good), and at The Harvey Mansion for dinner ... superb (but don't get the Beef and Brie En Croute .... filet overcooked! That seems to happen everywhere I've ordered filet prepared like that .... not going to order it ANYWHERE again...) We had lunch at MJ's Raw Bar, and that was FABULOUS! The BEST soft-shell crab sandwiches, fries, cole slaw and iced tea. Highly recommend those last two .... Great service, and neat atmospheres at both places!

I look forward to returning to New Bern, and meeting Ed & Sookie!

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank bonniebroad
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed June 7, 2006

My husband and I spent two nights at Harmony House in mid-May, and it was a delightful stay. The Kirkpatricks were gracious hosts, the breakfasts were wonderful (the Stuffed French Toast is not to be missed), and our accomodations were lovely and most comfortable. Harmony House is located just a short walk from the waterfront or walk the other way to charming downtown New Bern. We parked our car at Harmony House when we arrived and didn't drive again until we left for home. The rocking chairs and swings on the front porch were so inviting -- especially with the complimentary wine and cheese in late afternoon.

Thank you Ed and Sooki for a wonderful time. We will tell all our friends and we will be back!

Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pfafftown, North Carolina
Reviewed June 7, 2006

My husband and I enjoyed our weekend at the beautiful and quaint Harmony House Inn, a quiet hideaway in historic New Bern. Our spacious and wonderfully decorated room was conveniently located on the first floor where we could smell the tantalizing aroma of breakfast every morning. We could indulge and exercise too as the Inn is only a short distance from the Neuse River, shops, restaurants and the outstanding Tryon Palace.

Innkeepers, Ed and Sooki Kirkpatrick are a delight and truly make you feel at home. They are very attentive to your needs and go the extra mile to help. When I arrived home and unpacked I noticed that I had left my sweater in the room. We called them and they actually took the time to mail my sweater back to me. We have never experienced such kindness from any place we have stayed and we will definitely return.

We highly recommend Harmony House to make your stay in New Bern even more memorable.

• Stayed: June 2006
Rutherfordton
Reviewed June 5, 2006

We have just spent 4 days at the Harmony House Inn and what a special treat. Our son was getting married in New Bern and we were hosting the rehearsal party and needed a place that was convenient as well as comfortable. We discovered the Harmony House Inn and it turned out to be even better than we had hoped. The suite was spacious and the ammeneties were wonderful. Ed and Sooki went out of their way to make us feel comfortable, it was just like being home. This was a very special time for our family and it was made even more wonderful by our experience at Harmony House. We can't wait to make a trip back to New Bern to enjoy the hospitality, the breakfast, Ed, Sooki and the entire staff at the Harmony House Inn.

Stayed: June 2006
Wilmington, NC
Reviewed May 30, 2006

We had a lovely stay at Harmony House. The house and surrounding grounds were beautiful. The host family was very nice.

My grandmother was wanting just eggs and toast on our last morning there. We told the innkeepers that we were going to head out and get my grandmother breakfast. The Innkeeper came back and said she could fix us eggs. So, she made a speical breakfast for my grandmother.

• Stayed: May 2006