“Glad I did not read reviews first”
Review of Ruby Tuesday

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New Jersey
“Glad I did not read reviews first”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

...otherwise might not have eaten there. We love Ruby Tuesdays in general. This one is conveniently located next to the Best Western.

We both had the sirloin steak and salad bar. Both steaks were cooked to perfection. We had no complaint about the food, but service could be improved, not just at this location but other restaurants as well. I barely started eating my salad and the main meal arrived. While still working on the main course, we were asked if we wanted dessert. We felt like they were trying to rush us, even though the place was empty because it was between lunch and dinner time.

• Visited January 2013

Kihei, Hawaii
“Yuk!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This restaurant was horrid. My husband's rib eye steak (ordered med. rare) was raw. It was filled with so much gristle and fat it was inedible. The baked potato was not even warm! My Chicken Bella was supposed to come covered with portabello mushrooms (they were canned and not portabello), artichoke hearts (they were missing) and the chicken itself was so hard I could not chew it. When we reported the problems to the manager he could only say "all of our rib eyes come with a lot of fat" - really!!!!!!!!!
He did take the two entrees off our bill-only charging us for our two glasses of wine, the dinner salads and an appetizer.
The weather was very cold and yet the air conditioning was running full force. We would never go back and since this was our first experience with a Ruby Tuesday we will probably not go to another location either.

Visited November 2012
New Bern, North Carolina
“so, so food, disappointing”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Food is so, so. I was looking forward to one of the shrimp dishes that looked so good on the menu until I discovered that they don't devein their shrimp. Any restaurant that can't be bothered to devein their shrimp loses points for me! When I asked the waitress about it I could tell she had no clue what "deveined" meant, yet assured me the shrimp were good. I'm glad I insisted she ask in the kitchen. They brought out seasoned cheese biscuits much like Red Lobster makes, but these were tiny and overcooked. Plus I had to ask for butter. By the time the butter arrived they were cold. I chose the salad bar for one of my sides and discovered there were no tomatoes on the salad bar! In fact, I found the salad bar rather limited, however what they did have was good. The "ham" on the salad bar didn't look that good though. It looked more like cubed bologna. We had the chips and nacho cheese dip, which was little more than a Velveeta-based dip. Good, but not impressive. I ordered a chicken breast trio over rice. It was three chicken breasts, which is a lot of food, with a different sauce/topping on each one. The sauces were good, but overall it was underwhelming. The night we went it was very cold, so I was looking forward to getting cozy and warm, but the restaurant was cold inside and I had to put my coat around my legs. I'm glad we had a coupon. I won't go back unless I DO have a coupon.

• Visited November 2012
New Bern, North Carolina
“Great Stop Near the Airport”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We always make a point of stopping to eat here after my wife picks me up from the Airport, after all its only minutes away.
We are regulars at this place and love the service and food.
Salad bar is always fresh and cooked food always at its best. They have plenty of parking area at all times of the day, a very relaxing atmosphere with intimate booths if you wish.

• Visited October 2012
“A pleasant surprise.”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife and I tried Ruby Tuesday again after a less than good prior experience. The food was good, served in a timely manner and our server was excellent. The only negatinve is that the rolls they serve are small and they don't serve any butter with them, you have to ask for it.

We will go back and look for their coupons in the newspaper. Using a coupon there really makes the meal affordable.

• Visited July 2012