“Breads, pastries, and cinnamon rolls”
Review of Bakers Kitchen

Bakers Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 170 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Bern, North Carolina
“Breads, pastries, and cinnamon rolls”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

I have never had lunch here and it seems the reviews indicate a spotty result.

However, I have become addicted to their cinnamon rolls...the best in the universe and to die for. I'm sure they have enough calories for 2 days, but whatheck? I've also had their french toast, have seen the homemade pies fly out the door from repeat customers, and know the bread is good.

It sounds like they may need some deli lessons. They are also so often backed up that service can be very slow. Be forewarned.

1 Thank JourneyDr

Swanquarter, North Carolina
“Baker's Square, New Bern, NC......”
Reviewed April 28, 2010

I now work in New Bern. Not really familiar with all the places to eat there... but the person I was working with suggested going here. She went on and on about their homemade things and french toast.

We went for breakfast. I forgot what it is called, but I got 2 eggs over medium, bacon, grits and pancakes. I will never eat anyone else's or make my own pancakes again! I love these pancakes. Their syrup is .... oh so wonderful.

I have been twice now. Their coffee is good. Their tea is good. They have fresh squeezed OJ. Their cinnamon rolls and caramel rolls are as big as your head and $1.99 each. The french toast I have seen.... but right now... I am focusing on pancakes.

I have not had a bad experience so far and I hope to never have one. I cannot wait to try other things.... and I will once I get past the pancakes!

(They do breakfast and lunch m-sat. Dinner thur-sat... I think).

new bern, nc
“Best breakfast in the world”
Reviewed March 5, 2010

The pancakes and their own syrup (secret recipe) is the best breakfast I have ever had. I don't mind the wait on Saturday's just to get them. Great family run restaurant.

North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality is not there; revise the menu”
Reviewed December 12, 2009

We stopped for lunch and ordered the turkey/cheese sandwich. What was served was a lot of salt between two (2) too-thick pieces of white bread. The sandwich was composed of bread, pile of smoked turkey, one thin slice of cheese. On the side was a plastic container with a teaspoon of mayonaise and dried basil, a pickle (salty) and huge pile of chips (very salty). Not tasty, nor nutritious. Will not go back there.
Very overpriced at $7.50.

Raleigh
“Bad Recommendation”
Reviewed December 12, 2009

My wife and I went there for lunch after a recommendation from another merchant in the area. I ordered a patty melt and had the worst patty melt I ever tasted. Every patty melt I've ever had is on rye bread. This was a way over cooked hamburger on two thick slices of white bread with the onions under cooked and the cheese barely melted. The french fries were under cooked and the pie I had was underwhelming. Won't go back.