“Too Bad I've Averaged This”
Review of Bakers Kitchen

Bakers Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 170 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Too Bad I've Averaged This”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had the breakfast, my wife had the vegetable plate. One of the better breakfast's I've had in a small local establishment. French toast was grilled to perfection and had a sweet taste without syrup, the eggs were cooked as asked, the sausage links were fresh and moist and the potatoes were excellent. Unfortunately for my wife all of the vegetables, except the squash, collared greens, sweet potatoes, fried okra tasted like they came from a can.
Prices were excellent and the service was great. Four stars for breakfast one for the vegetable plate

• Visited November 2012

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Expected Better”
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Disappointed. Not easy to order a healthy breakfast here. Eggs were done correctly...that was good. Asked for butter for the grits and had to ask again when request went unanswered. The problem is that they brought a horrible tasting margarine that rendered the grits uneatable. We also purchased a pecan pie to take home and found it was not as good as a frozen pie you could buy at the grocery store and bake at home. The margarine issue gives me concern that they do not care about the quality of ingredients in their food. Don't think we will be back.

New Bern, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I ate their pie so much when I was pregnant! This place is absolutely delicious! Their food is home-cooking at its finest, and the atmosphere is so family-oriented. I feel very comfortable taking my son here for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Highly recommend.

Visited January 2012
North Carolina
“Wonderful baked goods, not to be missed”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

A friend and I visited this tastefully-decorated little restaurant/bakery on two successive mornings. Both times we were delighted by the food and the warm, helpful service. Three days later, as our trip home took us back through New Bern, we actually took time to get off the highway, go back into town, and pick up more molasses cookies and lemon squares. Clearly we were smitten with the place and the food. So glad to have found it!

• Visited September 2012
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
“No egg on your face here”
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

This is a restaurant I avoid at all cost on the weekends. Just too crowded. But we slipped in for a mid-week breakfast and it was great. Some things have changed but my bacon, mushroom, and Swiss omelet was superb. Rye toast was perfect. The hash browns were not my favorite, but the omelet hit the spot. Have only tried breakfast here and it has always been good! Don't pass this up, but if you go on the weekend......get there early.