“A Disappointing Experience”

The Flame Catering and Banquet Centre
Ranked #58 of 175 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Flame is available to cater both on-site at our beautiful banquet center that can hold up to 300 guests or off-site at a venue or location of your choosing! We travel regularly to the following NC towns: New Bern, Jacksonville, Havelock, Newport, Morehead City, Emerald Isle, Swansboro, Greenville, Washington, Kinston and Oriental. Call us! (252) 633-1193. We have event planning office hours Monday - Friday from 9am-5pm. Your dedicated event coordinator will help to create a memorable experience for you and your guests on the most special day of your life up to this point! The Flame Catering has the ability to custom create menus filled with all of your favorite items, the ability to create a "kitchen" at a venue that may not have on-site cooking equipment and a reputation that we're extremely proud of! Every Sunday you can join Chef Smoke for his award winning brunch from 11:30am - 3:00pm! You'll find hand carved prime rib, a saute station, full salad bar and dessert bar as well as a fabulous array of entrees, casseroles and seasoned veggies. Please try to call ahead for reservations for parties of 6 or more. If for some reason you aren't able to reach us on the weekend or after hours please come anyway! Sunday Pricing: $16.95 Adults / $8.95 Children (Age 4-11) New Bern's most popular holiday buffet! Price will vary, please call for details or visit our website. Relax with your family, save yourself time and join us! Reservations ARE required for all holiday buffets.
Reviewed March 21, 2010

My wife and I used to enjoy going to The Flame when we lived in New Bern. On a recent visit back, we were both very excited about going to eat at an old favorite. As another reviewer stated, the restaurant has moved from the original location into a larger banquet facility next door. When we went there on a Saturday night while on vacation, we were told that the building had been hired out for a private event and would not be open to the general public. I never thought I would be turned away from The Flame. I can understand a couple of rooms but the whole restaurant? So, I can't review the food because we did not have any. I can only suggest that patrons now call in advance before going to The Flame as you may not be allowed in to eat. The Flame was once one of the great restaurants in New Bern but after this experience, I cannot recommend it.

3  Thank Fabfourfan

Reviewed November 4, 2009

Food was good. Service was good. Would visit again on next trip.

Reviewed September 29, 2009

My husband and I visited the Flame during our travel this past weekend. The food was excellent and the wait staff was pleasant and very attentive. It was near closing, but the food was still hot and flavorful!! We had the added treat of the owner coming out to greet us and to make sure we were pleased! Thanks Chef Smoke for a wonderful time.

Reviewed September 21, 2009

As we all know, places that have been around for a long time go through their ups and downs. This can either make or break a restaurant especially in this economy. However, the Flame has improved drastically and they are on top again! They moved their restaurant into their banquet facility next door to the original building and it is exquisit!! I'm so glad chef smoke found a way to make this old favorite a favorite again. I can't wait to return!!

Reviewed November 6, 2008

We live in New Bern and have dined at the Flame often over the past years. I can see how some reviewers may had been dissapointed in the past but am happy to report that the Flame is once again a great place for an excellent meal! Chef Smoke-who's also the owner has brought in new management, spruced up the building and expanded their menu. They feature all you can eat nightly specials such as ribs, crab legs, prime rib or shrimp for about $20 which includes fresh bread, their awesome shrimp bisque, salad bar and side choice. We had the prime rib on Saturday night and it was tender and juicy- I wish I could have ate more but I enjoyed too much of the soup and bread! My kids are 10 & 14 and this is one of their favorite places to eat. They don't mention on their website but they do have a kids menu with all meals priced at $5- these include, burgers, chicken tenders, pasta and a few other choices.My in laws always enjoy the pasta and seafood dishes. The Flame now has a banquet center next door which may make the parking lot look full even when there are plenty of seats available. We always call ahead and they are happy to save a table for us. We usually treat visiting friends and family to dinner at the Flame instead of going to the touristy spots downtown.

1  Thank NBNC