“I've never bent a fork on a Reuben...”
Review of Pollock Street Deli - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pollock Street Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen
New Bern, North Carolina
“I've never bent a fork on a Reuben...”
Reviewed April 29, 2011

It's true. The 'open faced Reuben' was horrid. Actually bent my fork trying to eat it. Another in our party ate half and refused a doggie bag.

Upstairs was noisy as hell; most coming from staff wearing NY baseball caps.

Our server had not eaten ANY of the items we ordered or inquired about. No help at all.

• Visited April 2011
3 Thank XODLTC

Mocksville, North Carolina
“Nice send off - we'll be back!”
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I know the local dives aren't foreveryone, but that's exactly what my wife and I were looking for after spending the morning at Tryon Palace. I had two Boar's Head hot dogs on a wonderfully toasted bun, which were divine. My wife had a grilled cheese sandwich which must have been made with about six slices of cheese. Some hot fries, drinks that were kept full by a friendly server, and a relatively inexpensive $12.39 later and we were out the door, knowing we would return on our next trip to New Bern.

myrtle beach, sc
“Great for a quick meal”
Reviewed May 27, 2010

We happened upon this restaurant for a quick light meal in early afternoon. They made the orders quickly and were very pleasant. Typical Deli style food. My husband had a corned beef sandwich on rye, which he first became addicted to in NYC. He said theirs was very comparable to NYC and the owner should be proud. The pricing was exceptional, especially for their location. They are right on Pollock street, which runs through the historic district and are near the waterfront area.

North Carolina
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed September 24, 2009

Pollock Street Deli is a landmark in historic downtown New Bern. The menu has a little bit of everything from pasta to sandwiches to cold plates. Located in an old house near the Neuse River, the atmosphere is excellent. Service is always on point with a crew of servers that have been there for years. Apparently this place has very little turnover. My favorite is the spinach salad with grilled chicken and hot bacon dressing. Their soups are also very good and change almost daily. For Sunday brunch they do an excellent eggs bennie.

1 Thank Whatchaeating
Chicago, Illinois
“Very Good Reccomendation”
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I wish this place was open for dinner. (It is on Friday's for fresh lobster night.)
The breakfasts looked great. The sandwiches are fresh, very good quality, good prices, and served with a smile from a good waitress. The owners are very friendly, as are the locals who frequent the place.
I loved the food, service, and the vibe.
They also have outdoor seating, which helps as the restaurant is small.