“Lunch with my granddaughter.”
Review of The Chelsea

The Chelsea
Ranked #2 of 173 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2014

The tables had white table clothes and great ambience. The restaurant is downtown and in an old home. The windows were nice to sit by and enjoy a quiet meal.

There are newer reviews for The Chelsea

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have been to the Chelsea in downtown New Bern several times and I always feel the same when I leave. It's okay, but it's not somewhere I would ever feel the need to dine at again. If you gave me the choice of my top 25 places for dinner in Eastern North Carolina, it would never make the list. The service is okay, it's in an okay location, albeit no view, but there is nothing there that is a "stand out." Tonight I ordered the Artichoke Chicken. It was average at best. I would never order it again. In fact, every time I've been, I've ordered something different, and each time I felt the same; I wish I had ordered something else. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this restaurant. There are too many excellent choices with great atmospheres and good food in the downtown area to consider this one.

1  Thank Loveadventure1
Reviewed July 14, 2014

There were so many great items on the menu that I didn't really want to go with the shrimp & grits since I've had it several times at other restaurants. I shared this with my server who confidently told me "You haven't had OUR shrimp & grits." He was right. It was a fantastic choice. I love a menu that gives me fits in deciding what I want, and this one fit that description. Many excellent options for all tastes. I went with the tuna appetizer (very good, but I regret not trying the bacon-wrapped scallops or the barbecue shrimp & grits) and also took a slice of coconut creme pie to go. Everything was delicious. The service was prompt and courteous. I will definitely return.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I love their fried green tomato appetizer. I get it every single time I go. I just wish they had more vegetarian options.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Having a late dinner we shared and appetizer and an entree.. and found them both fabulous. Scallops and Grits we spectacular.... The Shrimp was done perfectly... not over done like is often the case. Very comfortable, reasonable and nice wines b y the glass.