“An absolute must!!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Fantastic restaurant in a beautiful section of historic New Bern. I went there on a first date and the company, and conversation was the only thing that surpassed the food and service. We had a wonderful waiter whose recommendations were spot on. The crab cakes broiled were loaded with fresh crab and cooked to perfection. My date enjoyed the shrimp and grits which were just mouth watering. The texture was perfect and the flavors came alive in your mouth. Bravo to this delightful venue, we will dine there many more times.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I ate here New Years' (a little slow getting this in) and as many times as we've dined at Chelsea, they were on par for NYE. We had the most delicious macaroni and cheese and shrimp dim sum, to start off an AMAZING dinner!! The dim sum held an explosion of flavors and the macaroni and cheese was truly phenomenal! I ordered the bleu filet with a side of fried oysters. The steak was cooked to perfection and so tender a knife was unnecessary. The fried oysters were fabulous! My husband was equally thrilled with his dish of the Chelsea's 'cheesecake'. It was a huge portion and he literally made himself ill eating it all. Ok, we eat here often, but for a staff to excel on NYE is very difficult. However, the staff and the timing of our apps, entrees, and martinis were GREAT! It makes me hungry reliving this, what a wonderful way to say "goodbye to 2013".

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Solid restaurant, pleasant staff, extensive menu and good wine list. We both enjoyed our meals and the dessert.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Found a great place for lunch Go late around 3-4PM and there is no cried and the service is fantastic. Over a period of three months, have been there numerous time to use up a gift certificate The luncheon menu is very varied and almost everything is great. My favorite was the Pastrama Mama which is great. The only one I did not care for was the Chicken salad melt. Would have been better if it was a more chunky consistency instead of the mushier variety visavie tuna salad. They rave about their cinnamon ice cream, but I found it fairly bland without a touch of chocolate sauce on it. The house chips are great great great.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

The Chelsea Restaurant is a favorite of the locals who have many fine restaurants to pick from in New Bern. I put the eatery in the "American-Bistro" cuisine category. The menu is very extensive, with two or three specials. I asked a local "what's good" and the answer came back " "Shrimp and grits." I tried several items, starting with the perfect Martini, then on to Sesame Seared Tuna appetizer, then on to the signature dish, Shrimp and Grits. Wow factor 10!.I also nibbled on my spouses' dinner selections, all great. The service is great, and they have well-equipped bar. A little noisy on the main floor, but the upstairs is more private. For families, they have a large kids' menu as well.

1  Thank 461Chip