“Good Food, Good Service”
Review of Captain Ratty's

Captain Ratty's
Ranked #8 of 174 Restaurants in New Bern
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We went to this restaurant with a New Bern local and we were not disappointed. We went for breakfast on a Sunday morning. The food was excellent and the service was good as well. We would defiantly return.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Every time I'm in New Bern I stop here for lunch. Great fish and chips, salads, burgers, etc. The staff is friendly. Prices are reasonable. Casual atmosphere. I haven't made it for dinner yet, because it is just too popular....I can never get in.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Last year my husband and I visited the New Bern area. We had gone to Capt. Ratty's I cannot remember what I ordered last year but for the past year I kept wanting to go back and order their Mussels which is what my husband ordered at th. Now he is the mussel lover but when I tasted his I was very impressed. In June 2014 we returned to New Bern and of course with mussels on my brain we went to CR's, the only time we had as it was a short visit this year was for lunch. I ordered the Mussels with such glee and salivating gusto. Our waitress sincerely apologized that it was a dish that was only offered for their dinner customers. Oh was I downtrodden and pleaded with her and she quickly replied that she would check with the kitchen which she did and they did do a special order of their mussels. They were lovely. What gracious southern hospitality North Carolina offers. Thank you Thank you.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Everytime i am in new bern i eat here, food has beyond excellent and has met my expectations each time. Friendly staff and great people.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

If you like a huge steak try the 20 oz steak - many of my friends say it is the best ever! I love the soft shell crab appetizer - if you haven't tried his is a great place to do so. Casual atmosphere shorts to sundress type style jean a fine . Pricing for dinners about $15 to $25 per person