“Just OK”

Ranked #8 of 173 Restaurants in New Bern
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Captain Ratty's is a popular hangout in town but the food is overpriced and just not worth the high end price. We've given this place a couple of tries and it hasn't been good any of the times we've been there. Good place for drinks and/or dessert, but would not recommend the entrees.

There are newer reviews for Captain Ratty's

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is always a great place to eat. The clam chowder and crab cakes are our favorites but we have ventured out a few times to try other things and have not been disappointed.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Ratty's is a cool place. Traditional pub downstairs and wine bar upstairs. Food is great and reasonably priced. The weekend brunch is the best in New Bern.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I love the wine room but it is only open certain days of the week and closes fairly early. Great wine selection and cool signature drinks. The black truffle fries are amazing! One of my favorite local hangouts!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We came here on a Sunday night when not much else was open. My husband got the special -- beef tips over rice pilaf. The beef was well cooked and tender. We couldn't quite figure out why the rice was called a pilaf, as it looked like basic white rice. I ordered a fried shrimp appetizer as my entree. The portion was huge and we could not eat all of them. The shrimp was good, but not great. We were seated in the bar area, so we didn't get to experience the ambiance of the restaurant itself. I would come here again, but it would not be my first choice in New Bern.