“Would love to go back”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Omaha, Nebraska
“Would love to go back”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Captain Ratty's is the first place we went upon arrival in New Bern! Great choice, great location, fun place! We had lunch there but would love to go next time we are in town for dinner. The shrimp wrap is amazing and filling. Prices are very reasonable, service was prompt and friendly.

• Visited August 2013

Pikeville, North Carolina
“Great date night with my wife!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and i decided to ride down to New Bern from Goldsboro just to get out and do something different for a date night and we stummbled upon Captain Ratty's. We love going to New bern but had never eaten here before so we decided to give it a try. We were very pleased with everything! We waited maybe 5 minutes for a table, our waitress was great (i wish i could remember her name), and our food was DELICIOUS. I had their Low Country Boil and my wife had their Shrimp and Grits. I really enjoyed my food but her Shrimp and Grits were the best i had ever tried and she agreed. We love heading east every chance we get and we will most definitly be visiting Captain Ratty's again! Soon i hope!

• Visited September 2013
Champaign, Illinois
“Wonderful seafood!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great seafood for good prices. I wish there had been more "smaller", seafood options, though. I felt so stuffed after eating my entree - uncomfortably so. While there were a lot of choices for burgers, I wanted a small plate of seafood and really could not find that on the menu. Also, our waitress was fantastic but the hostess could use some manners. She was incredibly brusque with our party.

• Visited September 2013
burlington nc
“Best oysters I have ever eaten”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great atmosphere. Eat in the bar upstairs. Excellent food and service. Been twice and if in New Bern will dine there again.

Visited August 2013
Kinston, North Carolina
“When in New Bern...”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I love to eat at Captain Ratty's. Whenever we head to the beach we love to stop in for Dinner on the way there and usually on the way back too! It is easy to get too off of Rt 70, in the downtown area. I love the Shrimp & Grits, their Reuben sandwiches, Burgers, Steaks it is always yummy!

• Visited June 2013