“Lively atmosphere”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
New Bern, North Carolina
“Lively atmosphere”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Located in downtown New Bern, this restaurant offers a wide variety of menu options. From salads to seafood it does not disappoint. Quaint bar, wine bar and rooftop dining make this a must top while in New Bern.

Visited June 2013

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Great chowder and raw oysters!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

During the summer all of the better restaurants have a long wait. Opt for this one and make sure you get the raw oysters and a big mug of their special clam chowder. They add bacon to the thick chowder and it is great! Wine selection is great and best in New Bern. Service is attentive and helpful.

Visited July 2013
Mebane, North Carolina, United States
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stopped here for breakfast on a Sunday. I believe they only serve breakfast on the weekends. We had about a 15-20 minute wait for a table but the breakfast was certainly worth it. Service was very good and the food was delicious!

Visited July 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Don't Waste Your Time Or Money!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I visited New Bern with family this past weekend and decided to go to Captain Rattys based on a recommendation. After having to wait for about 20 minutes to get a table I was never so surprised at such poor service. First of all my waitress had an attitude and never even gave our table her name which was (Tara).

After ordering our meal we waited over 40 minutes to recieve our meals. The meal was average at best. I ordered the grilled shrimp with garlic mashed potatoes. First of all they only gave me 6 regular sized shrimp, and the mashed potatoes were hard and luke warm. When I complained about the number of shrimp the kitchen asked me if I would accept 2 more shrimp. I agreed, but was very disappointed with the meal. If I am spending over $18 for a meal I would expect to get more than 6 shrimp and a side of mediocre potatoes.

Take my advice don't waste your time or money. The restaurant is too pricey for the quality of service, quality of ingredients, and size of entree. Again our waitress was not friendly at all. She seemed to rush us, because the place is very small to begin with and I supposed they needed to get other people in who may have been waiting like we did.

I will give the restaurant a small bit of credit because at least the owner did come to our table and aplogize for the long wait in getting our meals, however the damage had already been done.

If I ever return to New Bern this will not be a place where I will chose to dine again.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Bush41
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never Eat Here!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

While highly reccommended, the food was below average, cold and slow to arrive. Our server (Tara) was down right rude. The place is over priced for the quality of food and the lack of service. Never eat here.

• Visited July 2013