“Great breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Captain Ratty's

Captain Ratty's
Ranked #8 of 167 Restaurants in New Bern
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mebane, North Carolina, United States
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stopped here for breakfast on a Sunday. I believe they only serve breakfast on the weekends. We had about a 15-20 minute wait for a table but the breakfast was certainly worth it. Service was very good and the food was delicious!

Visited July 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Don't Waste Your Time Or Money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I visited New Bern with family this past weekend and decided to go to Captain Rattys based on a recommendation. After having to wait for about 20 minutes to get a table I was never so surprised at such poor service. First of all my waitress had an attitude and never even gave our table her name which was (Tara).

After ordering our meal we waited over 40 minutes to recieve our meals. The meal was average at best. I ordered the grilled shrimp with garlic mashed potatoes. First of all they only gave me 6 regular sized shrimp, and the mashed potatoes were hard and luke warm. When I complained about the number of shrimp the kitchen asked me if I would accept 2 more shrimp. I agreed, but was very disappointed with the meal. If I am spending over $18 for a meal I would expect to get more than 6 shrimp and a side of mediocre potatoes.

Take my advice don't waste your time or money. The restaurant is too pricey for the quality of service, quality of ingredients, and size of entree. Again our waitress was not friendly at all. She seemed to rush us, because the place is very small to begin with and I supposed they needed to get other people in who may have been waiting like we did.

I will give the restaurant a small bit of credit because at least the owner did come to our table and aplogize for the long wait in getting our meals, however the damage had already been done.

If I ever return to New Bern this will not be a place where I will chose to dine again.

2 Thank Bush41
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never Eat Here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

While highly reccommended, the food was below average, cold and slow to arrive. Our server (Tara) was down right rude. The place is over priced for the quality of food and the lack of service. Never eat here.

1 Thank Anita B
Tampa, FL
“Neat place in a neat little town.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I had one night in New Bern so I selected Ratty's for eats in this quaint little towm. I was solo so I sat at the bar for dinner and a beverage. Fried green tomatoes for a delicious starter and the fish tacos for the main dish were delighfully seasoned. The beverage choices were decent and the bartender serrvice was very friendly,

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

House salad good. Shrimp, oysters, scallops too much breading and lukewarm. Baked potato over cooked. Had to ask several times for water. Corn muffins spongey and cold. Had a coupon for a free desert. No one knew anything about it and they would not honor it. After a call to the owner, they gave us 10% off. Never again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles